Search This Blog

Friday, January 07, 2005

Pissing Away the Playoffs

We've got warehouses of butter
We've got oceans of wine
We've got famine when we need it
We Got designer crime



Anyway, now it seems that I might entertain the thought of gardening…

I did some hardcore talking about houses. I spoke with ‘the guys’ some more and I even talked to the old man.

As I’m talking to my Dad other guys start gathering around and pretty soon we’re talking about old stories from twenty years ago.

The one thing I got out of the conversation was…

“Pff your Dad and I still don’t know what we want to do when we grow up. You can spend years planning for your life until it’s gone.”

Despite all the stories and the advice, that last sentence kinda sunk a little deeper.

Yeah, I’m calling a realtor tomorrow.

FUCK IT, I’m doin it!!!


Tom’s take on the Vikings/Packers game

*on hands and knees*
PLEASE GOD, PLEASE GIVE THE VIKES SOME LUCK THIS WEEKEND! I’m not asking for a Super Bowl, I’d just settle for a Green Bay clobbering in Lambeau!

Oh man how sweet would that be? Maybe a game like this…

Monday, October 5, 1998 Lambeau Field, Green Bay
The Packers had already won (something like) 23 straight home games in a row and had to face the 4-0 Minnesota Vikings.

All the reports were calling for the Packers to win. Brad Johnson, the Vikes starting quarterback, was already injured and knocked out for eight weeks or something. Randall Cunningham was at the helm on this rainy, miserable night in Green Bay.

Vikings obliterated the pack on Monday Night Football in Lambeau, and destroying that home winning streak stat.

It was perfect! Cunningham could do whatever he wanted. Moss caught something like 3 passes for 3 TD’s and 190 yards. We ran the ball whenever we wanted and our defense actually stopped the pack.

The fans started leaving in the 3rd quarter. The same fans that don’t ever boo or ‘leave early’.

The Vikes won 37-24 but it wasn’t even that close

It was, in my opinion, the greatest Vikings game ever!

If the Vikes could play even half as well as that night, it would be good enough for the win.

If the vikes win, I’d…
-run around my block in my underwear
-call up ever Packer fan I know and cock off
-confirm ‘VICTORY’ on the blog
-stop eating fast food
-drink more water
-get a house
-piss in my sink (for spite)
-Send my dad’s friend (Packer season ticket holder) a couple six packs of the Twin Cities finest brews
and finally,

-Celebrate like I won next years Stanley’s Cup (someone has to)

Oh for just one win!

Yuck, last week I went (7-9)
The regular season I went…(148-104)

St. Louis @ Seattle
I really hate the Rams. I was pissed when I found out that they went to the playoffs instead of Carolina and New Orleans. This game is really hard to predict.
I’m going for the home team because… I don’t know
Seahawks 34 Rams 28

NY Jets @ San Diego
The AFC playoffs are about as good as it gets. I’m a pretty big Charger buff and I think they just might do it. However; the Jets have more playoff experience and I think that they just might pull it off
Jets 17 Chargers 16

Denver @ Indianapolis
Champ Bailey will be on Marvin Harrison…So what.
Colts 42 Broncos 27


Minnesota @ Green Bay
As much as I can hope and dream, there’s no way in hell I can take the Vikings in this game. Their play calling is just to fuckin stupid, their defense sucks too bad, and (worst of all) Tice will be equipped with the red flag and that god damn pencil.
It’s has the perfect ingredients for an upset, but this is the Vikings we’re talking about.
Packers 42 Vikings 18

Prove me wrong guys, prove me wrong

No comments: