Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Berg's Shaun of the Dead Review (hint: it sucks)

And I wonder where you are
And if the pain ends when you die
And I wonder if there was
Some better way to say goodbye


In the past six months I have been ranting and raving about the movie, Harold and Kumar being one of the funniest movies of 2004. Whenever I said this a response of,

“If you like that movie, you should definitely see Shaun of the Dead! It’s awesome!”

I waited until last Saturday to view this movie.

Before I go into my review I want to ask ya’ll,


What do the movies, “Dazed and Confused, The Majestic, Speed, The Perfect Storm, Boondock Saints, and Meet the Parents all have in common?


Well they were all critically acclaimed by large audiences.


Also, they all sucked colossal dick too. (IMO)


Some of those movies I even saw twice just to be sure I wasn’t facing the wrong direction in the movie theatre.


I might have to watch Shaun of the Dead again as well because it wasn’t horrible but pretty bad nonetheless. The movie did have its moments when Shaun accidentally sends his gf his mother’s flowers. Also when he tried to climb up to his gf’s apartment only to end up calling for her assistance was alright too.


The problem I had with this movie was that there wasn’t anything too it. All the jokes and bits seemed predictable and ineffective.


I think the underlying reason why I didn’t care for this movie is because I don’t give a rats ass about ghouls, ghosts (cept the live-able kind), zombies, Scare Crows, vampires, Tin Men, mummies, Bat Man, Spider Man, or Sarah Jessica Parker. They don’t do ANYTHING for me.


Those movies are about as predictable and stupid as they get (IMO).


What I can’t believe is that this movie is about to enter into the IMDB top 250! The same movie that had this extremely boring bar scene that would never end. The same movie that had such stupid scenes where Shaun is walking through the streets and he’s oblivious to zombies all around him.


Good god.


For the people who liked this movie I would like to suggest two movies that completely blow this movie away.



SOTD seemed like a poor man’s hybrid of these two movies. Both these movies alone blow SOTD out of the water. Then take another comparable comedy that came out the same year, Harold and Kumar, and even that blows Shaun out of the water.

I wouldn’t give this movie a 7.9 but a 2.5 seems appropriate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean of the Dead is better than any of those other movies. You probably didn't get all of the jokes you dumbass...

Anonymous said...

No Anonymous #1...
It sucked arse bigtime. The jokes 'to get' were weak as piss and predictable.
A cringeworthy movie produced for teenagers and twits...you dumbass...

seanoftheshite said...

Sean of the dead was a pile of fucking shite - i hate that ginger talentless pegg.

And what fucking jokes? - the only joke is you, you fucking faggot!

FUQ said...

This movie suck nigger dick!