Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Tour News!

You have the right not to be killed
Murder is a CRIME!
Unless it was done by a
Policeman or aristocrat
Know your rights

The other day H and I were engaged in a discussion about music. We’re both huge supporters of the new radio station and we were talking about some anticipated concerts coming this summer.

I haven’t been to a concert since September and I’ve been itching to see an act I like. After doing some research I found out that Patty Griffin is coming in April, Cowboy Junkies are set to come at some point during the summer, and U2 is coming to the Target Center in September.

U2 is charging up to $300 a ticket in some venues around the country. I would expect this much from a haphazard comeback by Pink Floyd but U2? They were touring a couple years ago! Not only that but the Target Center? I have better acoustics in my bathroom.

Still, it’s better than any concert held at Metrodome. **shudders**
Another crap list item is any concert that is held at the dome because it does host some crappy concerts now and then.

Anyway, spending the last couple month’s listening/volunteering to/for public radio, talking music to a lot of people, and listening to more folk, I feel that my musical pallet has expanded since my days of listening to Def Leppard and Bryan Adams (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

In the case of Def Leppard, I do believe they have decent talent in song writing and general music making, (evidenced on the very underrated Slang album.) Still, they continue to sell out (even by DL terms) by trying to appease their audience instead of writing music they want.

See, I grew up on Def Leppard and Bryan Adams and whenever I got sick of that Hysteria cassette, I would pop in Into the Fire or Reckless.

First concert I ever witnessed was Def Leppard at the State Fair with Ugly Kid Joe (remember them?) as an opening act. I have since seen Def Leppard twice and their concerts are mediocre at best.

So yesterday when I was looking for Def Leppard lyrics, I stumbled upon some “new tour news” on the website. I was curious but then I saw this…




I was at work during a “designated break period” and I popped my head above the cubicle, looked around to make sure no one was around, sat down, and started pumping my fists wildly.

I even practiced some of the sweetest goal-scoring hockey celebrations I could think of.


Def Leppard and Bryan Adams co-headlining a tour being held at minor league baseball stadiums around the country? That’s damn awesome!

Bryan Adams is the main reason why I’m attending such and event because out of all the concerts I’ve seen: Clapton, Roger Waters, Sarah McLachlan, Pearl Jam (3x), Metallica, Radiohead, Cowboy Junkies, Fleetwood Mac, and eh… Semisonic. The Bryan Adams concert of 2000 ranks up there in, at the very least, the top five I’ve seen so far.

You may be looking at your computer in shock, but I am definitely serious and going to THIS concert!

This is the sweetest tour news I have heard since I found out that Roger Waters was touring back in 2000.

The only problem is… The concert falls on a Friday, which means I will have to take off of work. So what do I say?
“I’m taking the day off so I can see a Def Leppard and Bryan Adams concert.” ???


My boss would probably fall over in his chair and have a heart attack over such a fuct up reason to ditch out of work.

It’s gonna be hard, but I’ll find a way.

No comments: