Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2005

I'm Taking Next Week Off

know I've felt like this before
But now I'm feeling it even more
Because it came from you

December 2004
Work,

Berg: Hey can I have a raise for once?
V: Well, when was the last time you got a raise?
Berg: Never, you guys have never given me a raise and ever since I signed on for heath insurance my pay has steadily gone down.
V: Hmmm, well let me ask the big boss.

Couple days later,
V: Well, I got bad news for you. We can’t give you that raise because money is really tight around here at this time. We can’t even afford more help.
Berg: Well, then I’m gonna join the union.
V in a ‘walking on eggshells’ way: Weeeellll, if you do that we’ll have to fire you.
Berg stares back in a repressed, angry manor: What?
V: ah yeah, it’s going to cost too much for us to keep you if you join the union. We just gotta wait until after this quarter and once we know more about the economy and this thing in Iraq hopefully things will ease up.

Yesterday’s letter in the mail
Your pay will increase $.65 after July 1st. Thank you for all your help!

Hell yeah!

Then look at this weather we can expect the next 10 days,
Then there was that music news earlier this week.
And today is Friday!!!

Next week is gonna suck!

Good weekends all.

No comments: