Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Recovering Crap

Holy Diver
You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid
Jump on the tiger
You can feel his heart but you know he's mean
Some light can never be seen

Oh lord, Milwaukee.

MILwaukee.

MilwauKEE.

We were kamikazes from Minnesota hoping to take over Wisconsin this weekend and I think we came close.

That’s a good two day post right there and that’s starting tomorrow.

Today is crap.

Crap List

1. ‘Next Thursday’
Not that there’s anything going on that day but what the hell does ‘next whatever day’ mean anyway.
So today is Monday and when you say ‘next Wednesday’ that means a week from Wednesday…

But the next Wednesday is happening in two days. But they mean the Wednesday after that.
No…no…no I don’t care if it’s been that way forever. Next Friday should be this week because it’s the ‘next Friday’. And the Friday after that is week from Friday.

God, I just confused myself.

2. MTV broadcasting Live 8
*shudders*
My imagination
Saturday, July 2: 5pm

I’m waiting patiently for the 15 minute Pink Floyd set. Roger Waters and David Gilmour will be on stage for the first time since The Wall concerts. The same four--yadda yadda yadda.
I’ve already got my phones turned off and the windows and balcony doors shut. I’ve just had to endure an hour of Velvet Revolver, Madonna, Coldplay, and Mariah Carey just so I wouldn’t miss PF.

Now was their time. All the lights dim down low and you can hear the first notes of Shine On. I’m afraid to blink with such anticipation.

Kurt Loder: …and ok. Pink Floyd is going to take the stage now and we’ll leave you with a recap of this memorable concert. I would like to personally thank all the crew here and encourage everyone to donate by calling the number at the bottom of the screen.
Coming up next is Road Rulez/Real World Challenge.

Berg: *twitch, twitch* I uh. I didn’t just see that did I?
*twitch, twitch* They didn’t ah… No, they wouldn’t have-they couldn’t have.

And it would be like that for at least a couple days. I would be a total basket case.
What’s arguably worse though…

3.
**interview with Bob Geldof**
Q:... How long will their performance be?

GELDOF:... Around 15 minutes…


So that makes it just under four minutes per song.
So what the hell are they going to play that will put them under fifteen minutes? They could just play a medley, but a Pink Floyd medley sounds just wrong. The do actually have some songs under four minutes, but unfortunately they are the worst Floyd songs.

This isn’t CCR or the Rolling Stones playing their early sixties stuff , where songs were just two minutes. This is the Floyd in which the album, Animals probably has an average song length of nine minutes.
One of their best songs is actually 27 minutes and most of their hits performed live take at least 6 minutes.

Don’t get me wrong, 15 minutes is 15 minutes more than I ever thought I’d hear from these guys but 4 songs: 15 minutes? Let’s be real and say two songs: 15 minutes or 4 songs: 30 minutes.

I’m done.

Tomorrow will be a recap of our excursion into the city of dreams.

2 comments:

Eric Wormann said...

Who else is playing? I hope they don't run over. I want to see who wins the inferno.

Boof said...

pfff everyone is playing.

www.live8live.com