Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Yar, Twas A Wet One!

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called 'Gitche Gumee'
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy

Yesterday was ‘blog night’ at the Saints game and before yesterday I was watching the weather reports like a geezer.
*************
MONDAY
Thunderstorms starting in the morning and stopping in the afternoon for extremely strong thunderstorms, which should end at 5pm. After 5pm expect super duper thunderstorms to hit just about anywhere you may want to go.
If you have outdoor plans you are up shit’s creek!
I’m Jim Joes from your Weathereye Forcast Center wishing you a happy hellacius Monday! :)
*******************
So I hoping that they would be wrong once again.

The day started out with minor showers and lots of cloud cover.
“Ah crap, here we go.” I thought as I started getting ready for tailgating because I’m not letting mother nature get in the way of tail gating.

At around 2pm the clouds parted and the sun was shining in my apartment.
I was elated! I looked at the radar and it looked as though this sun may stick around for a bit.

I got ready to go and as I was driving to the grocery store with my sun roof open and my shades on I hollered,
“Mother Nature can suck my balls! HA!”

And I was livin’ it up.

We started tailgating at 5:30pm or so and it was still nice outside. Sun shining down and the grill was hot and ready for food.

We were right beside a wide building where you could only see about 60% of the sky

I had these Angus cut burgers with Colby-Jack cheese and others had Swisswarsts or something.

Jambox was booming and you could hear the band from across the parking lot.

I got to meet Ron and we talked about baseball and old time parks and the Jacko case and it was a fun conversation. Ron’s a damn good guy!

After the last hot dog was off the grill we started having a friendly summer shower. It was nothing major, nothing that one would change their plans for. It was pleasant--for about three mintues.

Then it rained harder.

‘Ok, start packing it up and get the rain gear on.’

And harder

‘Alright, a little quicker now’

Now the small sized hale and the full down pour.

Uh get the shit in the car!

Now we had golf ball sized hail and the rain was starting to turn the parking lot into a huge swimming pool.
THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUTHUMP went the huge hail.

I was still stuck outside in my rain gear next to a tree hoping the hail wouldn’t get any bigger.

I loved every second of it though! I was dry, in some of the worst sudden weather I’ve seen for awhile. I mean if a game is going to get rained out, might as well throw some huge hail, wind, and rain in it.

I’m actually not frustrated one bit because I got some quality ogling time and some damn good burgers. Plus, I get to return my ticket for another game.

Not too damn bad I say!

3 comments:

Eric Wormann said...

Who the crap are the Saints?

Boof said...

St. Paul Saints-the minor league team here in St. Paul.

home of Daryl Strawberry inbetween cocaine sprees

Also our source for outdoor baseball.

Orbitron19 said...

I think my clothes just dried out. Thanks for putting "Edmund Fitzgerald" in my head. Now I'll never stop humming it!
It was cool to meet you too! We gotta go catch a Twins game!