Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Like Peas in a Pod

Daddy's been working too much for days and days
He doesn't eat
He never says much
but I think this time it's got him beat

(continued from yesterday)

And another thing, why don’t they just weld a couple chairs onto the foul poles so we can have people see, first hand, where the fucking ball goes. I’m sure we could have volunteers for such jobs.

I would volunteer for sure!

Anyway for today…

Once upon a time there was me and my Dad and S and his dad. S and I were the same age and we were in cub scouts together. Our dad’s would sidle up to another and talk about work, scouts, the ball and chain, and life while us kids were causing a ruckus.

S and I grew as decent friends and we both attended many different outings: Virginia (while touring most of the east coast), backpacking in northern New Mexico, and many other weekend trips around the area.

We’s was like peas in a pod and while I didn’t have any need to imitate or compete with S, my dad filled the gap in a subtle but crazy way.

S and I were comparable because we were good friends, the same age, and enjoyed similar things (huge chimney fires, football, and making fun of public officials).

Like I said, I never felt the need to compete with him and it’s probably because S was such a fucking genius. If you were to pick out the smartest people in our grade, S would be near the top of the list. I would tease the crap out of him knowing full well that he could (and probably will) be my boss one day. Oh there was nothing better than S spazzing out about how he sucks in bowling or how he couldn‘t catch the football. It was great

So any subtle remarks by my Dad were easily ignored or responded with a ’you gotta be kidding me’ stare.

Fast forward to last week.

I saw my dad and he mentioned how he saw S’s dad and how they’re moving.
S, apparently, will buy their old house for an undisclosed amount.

“Yeah, he’s going to buy the place with his $100k job that he’s supposedly getting next year” says my dad as he gives me a ‘so what are you gonna do about it’ look.
“hmmm. Cool. Soooooo are you going to sell me your house to me for a great price?”

He didn’t like that and I guess he expects me to find a $100k job next year to compete with S.

A $100k job in natural resources.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

No comments: