Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2005

Yar, A Discovery!

Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go. The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do.


I’ve just discovered the true meaning of itunes and it’s unbelievable…for me.


Ever since I had this computer I’ve ignored mp3’s because of the whole “buying deal” now associated with them and so I’ve always just took along a cd with my bad just to have it smashed up against my books.

I would find somewhere at work and insert the CD when I’d get this box with like ten choices as to what I want to listen the CD with. This small box would always get me a little flustered and slightly mad because I don’t need four programs that do the same crap.

I’ve always been going with Winamp because it’s all I know, it’s what I grew up on during the Napster heyday, and you can change the skins to make it look like you’re pushing Catherine Bell’s buttons (which never gets old).

Anyway so I run in the mid morning and my radio armband thing is breaking down due to my manly sweat breaking down the Velcro band and it’s not like you can just buy another Velcro band.

Now that I’m in the market I was a little curious about ipods because Ron mentioned it awhile back.

“Hmmm an ipod, but how do I get my cd’s into MP3s?” I asked Ron via email.

See I’ve been using what I know from six years ago when one needed some weird converter and then there’s the bit rate and….AHHHH I’m already frustrated.

I finally figured it out and I and I feel 5 times dumder for A: carrying around CD’s for the past three months and B: not putzing around my computer to figure this out before.

I now have 15 albums on my computer and it’s constantly on shuffle.

It’s unbelievable!

So I went and bought a cute little, silly fresh, hot kinda mini ipod which has 4gigs worth of space.

4gigs!

It was just 4 months ago when I was using a desktop computer that had 3.9 gigs!

Man, I can fit this thing in my underwear!

No comments: