Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Boof Brockovich is Here!

Have you come here for forgiveness,
Have you come to raise the dead
Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head


Last week was the first time in three months that I have actually contacted anyone at the office of the outfit that I work for. It’s crazy because I’ve never paid any attention to who signs my checks or even know who that person is. I really have never actually met my boss or anyone in the office. I know my colleagues around here and that’s only about 10% of the people that work at the small company I work for.

When I emailed my office I asked if we get compensated for mileage around the site because I am sick of paying for it like a little bitch. The site I work at has about forty buildings in close range of each other. My colleagues work during the day and are assigned a building whereas I’m in charge of the whole freakin site. Therefore, I could have one guy working on the SW side of the campus, another three guys working all the way to the East, and 6 more guys working at the building up north. Basically I have a ton of running around to do and if I wanted to show up on a timely manner I would drive to the work area.

Although I don’t drive that much on a night, the mileage can get up there and if I only drive one mile I do think I should be compensated for it. Especially gas prices are heading toward $3 a gallon.

My question was answered with a stern ‘no’, so now, in protest, I have been walking to all my jobs.

I figure that if I walk to my jobs it leaves more people waiting for me (which means more money is lost), more risk of health problems (like if I was to slip on ice or whatever), and possibly being run over by a car (because they hand out crack to all the drivers where I work).

Any health problems would HAVE to be paid by my employer because that’s how things work and they don’t like to pay for stuff like that.

Soooooo, if I use that argument against the office people perhaps I can gain a little sympathy and get my gas paid for.

So when security asks me why I walk everywhere I respond with,
“I’m in protest over my company because they wont pay for gas, so ‘fuck them’ I say.”

And it feels so powerful. I mean I feel like Erin Brockovich or something standing for my rights and all.

I mean all I want is like five extra bucks a week.

No comments: