Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Tinder Side of Boof

Oh let's go, let's strike a light
We're gonna blow like dynamite
I don't care if it takes all night
Gonna set this town alive, come on

I wanna burn down a really big barn.

I don’t know what brought on such a fantasy but I think it would be the coolest ever to torch the crap out of a barn with a two huge barn doors on the sides and a couple openings on top.

First, I would probably take a crappy car and run through it-Dukes of Hazard style just so I can see those boards fly off my hood and yell “YEEE HAAAWWWWWW“. Then I would make a two-bit torch and torch one side of the barn and then torch the other side to see which side wins. As the barn is on fire I would probably run through it a couple times just so I can have that adrenalin running through my veins. After all, how many times can you say that you ran multiple times through a burning barn?

I mean it doesn’t have to be about hate or politics or defiance- I just want to burn a giant tinderbox in the middle of a field while listening to some hard rock.

I’m sorry I’m not really a pyromaniac, but I think it would just be the shit to burn down such a dealy-o. Forget pallets, screw sticks and tree limbs, the hell with Christmas trees, I think a barn would do just fine.

I also think that physically burning a bridge would be fun too. For symbolic and metaphorical reasons.

For instance this conversation would be awesome,
Someone: So what did you do last night?
Boof: You know that bridge over Dum creek?
Someone: yeah?
Boof: I burned it nice and good!

Fucking A man, that would rock hard!

2 comments:

Eric Wormann said...

I wish there were more Minnesota stereotypes that I could use to make fun of you.

Boof said...

hehe yaaa don'tcha knoow