Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2005

Gymless, No More

Once they met inside a dirty curtained room
And the rain fell down hard that day onto the tin roof
She said "I've seen you before, I've been looking for you
Better keep your heart close hunters are coming for you"

I think I have figured out my gym problem.
I do believe I’m going to say ‘fuck Maplewood community Center’ and say hello to their rival, North St. Paul community center.

Let me compare and contrast:


MaplewoodNSP
TrackYesYes
WeightsYesYes
Bball CourtsYesYes
PoolYesNo
Near Bike TrailYesYes
Distance5 miles4 miles
Cost$480$140


Hmmm….yeah I think the quest is over.

Picks

New England @ Miami
If I had been right on my picks when it came to the Patriots the last couple years they would be about 6-20 or something like that. Every time I would pick them to lose they would screw me over (except last week). This year the Dolphins have been taking the place of the Patriots. Therefore I’ll lose this game no matter what.
Dolphins 24 Patriots 20

Baltimore @ Jacksonville
Baltimore sucks Hannes’ ass
Jaguars 20 Ravens 6

Houston @ Indianapolis
Here’s should be a pretty good game. It should go right down to the wire and it will definitely come down to who has the ball last. Every yard will be hard fought and it will certainly come down to the defenses. Therefore,
Colts 45 Texans 13

Arizona @ Detroit
Next…
Cards 17 Lions 14

San Francisco @ Chicago
As much as I would like to pick the 49ers, I have to go with the bears…dammit
Bears 24 49ers 9

Kansas City @ Buffalo
I offered the guy in our league a can of pop for Larry Johnson and here was his response

***Tom: That sounds like a wonderful deal, but the more I think about it the can of pop will be gone shortly after I get it and then I won't have a running back or a can of pop for the rest of the season. Also you would probably come over to pay me, go down stairs and get a can of pop and bring it up to me, so that also makes me think it might not be worth it. I need a little more time to think it over though, so I will let you know by Friday if I decide to take you up on it. If you don't here from me the answer is N O !!!!!
Chiefs 27 Bills 17

Denver @ Oakland
This could be a really, really fun game. I’m thinking shootout or the Broncos destroy Oakland.
Broncos 31 Raiders 21

NY Jets @ Carolina
Everyone’s having a hard on about Carolina since they destroyed Chris Sims and the Bucs. If only the Bucs had drafted Major Applewhite…
Panthers 35 Jets 10

Washington @ Tampa Bay
Ugh, this could be a really slow game. Defensive overload.
Redskins 13 Bucs 10

St. Louis @ Seattle
Seahawks win
Seahawks 34 Rams 17

Green Bay @ Atlanta
Oh geez….
Falcons 27 Packers 13

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Sunday nights game? Bleh
Steelers 20 Browns 17

Dallas @ Philadelphia
Have you heard of the Terrell Owens story? IT’S PRETTY MUCH BEEN ON ESPN 24-7 FOR THE LAST TEN DAYS!!!!! Christ! The guy is done for the year and he’s a smart ass, dumb ass, and a loud ass. End of story!
Cowboys 24 Eagles 20

Minnesota @ NY Giants
This doesn’t have the makings of an ugly game, this WILL be an ugly game. This game will be a complete massacre and if there would be any game that would get Tice fired in the middle of the year, this is it. The Giants shut out a pretty decent Redskins team at the Meadowlands and the Vikings have not scored a meaningful* touchdown all year. Yucky, yucky, yucky!
Giants 41 Vikings 0

*meaningful touchdown = anything not scored in garbage time

Last week I got all but two picks right…So did Hannes *sigh*, so no ground gained.
Looking at this week's picks, we only selected one game differently. arrrggh!



Week 10
EricHannesAliecat46,XYBoof
New England @ Miami
Dolphins
Patriots

Patriots
Dolphins
Baltimore @ Jacksonville
Jaguars
Jaguars

Jaguars
Jaguars
Houston @ Indianapolis
Colts
Colts

Colts
Colts
Arizona @ Detroit
Lions
Cardinals

Lions
Cardinals
San Francisco @ Chicago
Bears
Bears

49ers
Bears
Kansas City @ Buffalo
Bills
Chiefs

Chiefs
Chiefs
Denver @ Oakland
Raiders
Broncos

Broncos
Broncos
NY Jets @ Carolina
Panthers
Panthers

Panthers
Panthers
Washington @ Tampa Bay
Bucs
Redskins

Bucs
Redskins
St. Louis @ Seattle
Seahawks
Seahawks

Seahawks
Seahawks
Green Bay @ Atlanta
Falcons
Falcons

Falcons
Falcons
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Steelers
Steelers

Steelers
Steelers
Dallas @ Philadelphia
Eagles
Cowboys

Cowboys
Cowboys
Minnesota @ NY Giants
Giants
Giants

Giants
Giants
Last Week(9-5)(12-2)(0-14)(11-3)(12-2)
Overall(70-60)(79-51)(36-94)(54-76)(76-54)

2 comments:

Eric Wormann said...

Thanks for not sending me an email, a-hole.

BiggPappa said...

There is no way Tice will get canned in the middle of the season, it just isn't "Minnesota Nice." Ziggy has a pair, but apparently they aren't quite as big as the peeps up in the Eagles office -- suspending a mf'r for being a mf'r and saying stupid things? Ha, our players get caught with hookers and don't miss a minute of a game! Who is in control at Winter Park? Apparently Satan, who is wreaking his vengeance by enacting season-ending injuries to the Vikes' most significant players. Grab an umbrella, folks, because the hellfire is about to rain down tomorrow!