Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2006

yeah...bits

And I have the sense to recognize that
I don't know how to let you go
every moment marked
with apparitions of your soul


-I actually invited my old man over on Sunday to watch the Daytona 500 and I think he blew me off.

Boof:…so you can come on over and watch the race in HD if you like.
Dad: oh well…hmmm ah probably not. Ah… you’re mother gets mad when I’m not around.
Boof: Oh, well ok just thought I’d send out the invite.

I guess that means more Olympics for me

-The Canadian mens hockey team played Italy today and I was talking to one of my Italian friends about it.

Boof: bwahahaha I bet those Italians just eat spaghetti and jump on turtles all the time eh?
D: Well, you know, Italy isn’t really known for hockey.
Boof: Yeah I suppose “Yay I got a goaleo!” doesn’t exactly sound right.

…..


Well, I thought it was funny at least. I even wrote it in my blog to read later so I can say “I said a really funny thing….
Well if you’ve seen anchorman you get the idea

-Speaking of which, Anchorman is completely growing on me. When I first saw it, it was dumb, predictable, and just unneeded. But like The Big Lebowski, Anchorman just has a way of coming into mind when you’re sitting in church, waiting at the bus stop, or listing to a really boring person talk. The jokes just seem to gain momentum with each passing day.

I can honestly say that I am now a fan and that movie is just comedy gold now.

I still think Shaun of the Dead is completely boring though.

-My bro has been experimenting with sheet metal the past week or so and he’s-- **setting down testosterone cap for a second**-- he’s making these really cool metal flowers out of the scrap he’s got around the house. They look really cool and I told him he could probably sell them for a damn good price at some craft fair or something. I mean if a woman came up to my door and gave me a bouquet of sheet metal flowers, I’d be delighted.

**puts testosterone cap back on**

Puh arrgh *cough, cough* yeah football and beer…man things ect. Flowers are dum

-I asked Eric about how the snow was affecting his area and he responded by threatening to slit my throat. In any case I really do with we got that 27” instead of them. Of course I don’t have to shovel anything either, so it would be convenient for me to say that.

-I know all award ceremonies are complete jokes (why exactly are the grammys even around?) but I would like to replace Capote with Walk the Line in the “Best Movie” category for the Oscars. Not that Capote was bad or anything, I just think Walk the Line was better than anything I’ve seen the past couple years.

-Not that I have been following the T-wolves or anything but on one of those crappy ESPN shows the hosts were talking about trades they’d like to see. One of the big ones for the T-Wolves would be to trade Garnett to the lakers only to receive Lamar Odem and Devean George in return.

If that were to happen then Glen Taylor may as well sell the team because I can’t imagine anyone willing to shell out $20 (let alone $100 or more even) for a ticket to see that crappy team and league to go with it.
Like I said, I’m not a NBA guy but that trade would be like walking off a bridge.

5 comments:

bigtime said...

Italians like hocky because they can "Whoop" the puck in the net!

Anonymous said...

What do you think about black foul poles?

Eric Wormann said...

It's like 50 degrees out today. The weather has officially gone crazy.

Boof said...

don't get me started on how ingenious black foul poles are.

50 degrees!? what the hell...

Orbitron19 said...

Dude, fruity or not, if your buddy isn't selling sheet metal flowers next Valentine's Day, he's a moron. Those sound cool, and you know how desperate women are to find "Manly" valentine gifts (just so they get something in return.)
BTW, I want Brass foul poles with strippers near them!