Search This Blog

Monday, March 06, 2006

34

I will hold the candle, till it burns up my arm
I'll keep takin' punches, until their will grows tired
Oh I will stare the sun down, until my eyes go blind
Hey I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind


Crap List

1. Kirby’s Stroke
Say what you want about the guy for he’s not exactly had the best ten years: glaucoma cutting his great career short, womanizing, domestic abuse, weight issues, and a divorce. He was, however, a great ball player and was just a notch below a Minnesota god in the 80’s and 90’s. That’s why it’s very sobering news coming from Arizona where Puckett suffered a stroke and has been undergoing surgery.
All one has to do is simply mention the words “game six” or more importantly, the smile and any Twins fan would think of any one of hundreds of great Kirby moments.

Here’s hoping he comes out of it alright.

2. NFL talk
Oh god if there was any such thing as a delusional, idiotic fan base the NFL has everyone. They’ve been talking about the god damn draft for about a month already and it’s not until another 5 weeks. Then they’re also whining about the labor deal for 2008! Let’s starting worrying when 2007 hits because it’s going to get done. I mean really, it’s the NFL and the most profitable sport in the world right now. If you’re a billionaire you’ve already been thinking of purchasing a team with how the values have been rising.
Then on the NFL network they actually broadcast the combine and more shocking…PEOPLE ACTUALLY WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People actually watch the combine. Do these people have any kind of lives? Do they actually write to Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long for emergency NFL news and gossip?

God, I wish we could just take all those NFL groupies and lock them up in a dungeon where they can talk about where Daunte will go to or where who the steal of the 7th round or who the 3rd string QB for Arizona will be.

3. Places to be and not being ready
So someone tells you to be somewhere at 8am. You go out of your way to get everything arranged: waking up early, trying to reschedule gym time, and figuring out what time to leave so you wont be late. You get there at 8am and…they’re not ready. So you wait and wait and finally 45 minutes later THEY’RE ready and you’re pissed.
I can’t stand that waiting. I have the strong urge to take a Polaroid of my middle finger and leave it on the seat so I can go back home and nap some more.

No comments: