Search This Blog

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Burt Reynolds Bits

All of rubins cards were marked in advance
The trial was a pig-circus, he never had a chance.
The judge made rubins witnesses drunkards from the slums
To the white folks who watched he was a revolutionary bum


-Joe Mauer* is a hitting stud! He’s also from, ahem, St. Paul like Dave Winfield and Paul Molitor. He’s only batting .180 points higher than Rondell White. (picture taken from Bat-girl)

-I figured out through google earth that the 45th parallel is almost in my back yard. That’s probably only amazing to me but I thought I’d mention it anyway. :]

- bad pick up line…

Walking up to an attractive woman slicing some cheese at the deli I blurt out,
“So, cutting the cheese eh?”

She actually had a good laugh over it so it wasn’t like I was handcuffed to the bed or anything.
That line might actually rank up there with,
“Wow, you’re looking…better.” which I actually did say.

-funny conversation

Phone beeps because of a text message

C: What was that?
Boof: oh it’s a text message from T-bone. He says, “shoopy poopys” hahaha. He usually texts me when he’s going to the bathroom.
C: *pause* WHAT?!?
Boof: yeah it’s a thing we do and we try to have a rhyme to it like “poopy doopy” or something like that. It’s pretty sweet!

-I got some more ideas for the new stadium

The St. Paul Company field: I know through mergers it’s called St. Paul Travelers (or something) but I think it would be sweet just for the confusion. For some reason I revel in the thought of people wandering around St. Paul looking for the Twins ballpark. It makes me want to sit in my recliner and laugh really sinister-like.

Loni Anderson field: Then we could get rid of TC the Bear and have a big Loni Anderson mascot running after a Burt Reynolds mascot throughout the game. Bring in the Trans Am and have them fight in different places.

Announcer: Awww look it’s Loni running Burt over with the Trans Am. Ooooh and now she’s getting up and kicking him in the groin!

-Clerks has been one of my most favorite movies of all time and I have been vehemently opposed to the up coming sequel. Clerks seems like a movie where a sequel is unnecessary and the chance to ruin the whole theme seems very possible.
After seeing this trailer, I now think this could be something worth seeing. The trailer is funny as all hell!

-Birth of a humming bird. Damn awesome and small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clerks II received an 8 minutes standing ovation at Cannes...I was opposed to it, but after seeing trailers I'm gettin kind of stoked to see it, a rebirth of Kevin Smith being funny and relevant again.

h