Search This Blog

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Black Bittys

Seen it happen to a couple of friends...
See it happen and the message it sends...
Taking off for what's an obvious fall...
Just to see what all the fuss is about...


-Being the big Twins fan I am I have learned the who’s who of twins fans through the past couple years.
I went on a sweet baseball trip with Twinsgeek and company.
Aaron Gleeman was a blog I stumbled upon about 4 years ago and it’s been huge since.
Shane at Greet Machine was very instrumental in getting the Twins a new ballpark and he’s a transformers guy…like me.

And, as I’ve found out, my old driving instructor is *THE* collector of Twins memorabilia. Mr. Doepner was one of the coveted teachers at Tartan High School. He taught history and everyone wanted to be in his class. The guy was definitely in everyone’s top 3 for favorite teachers.

When I found out he was my driving instructor I was elated because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

Back in ‘95 I had like 10 hours of driving with Mr. Doepner and we talked about everything; school, his anniversary corvette, his family, and OJ Simpson. It was a great time and he was a treat to talk to. I didn’t know he was a twins fan at the time and I certainly didn’t know he took the home plate slab from Memorial stadium.

He dug up the home plate slab from Memorial Stadium. That’s something I would’ve done!

Good god, had I known that, I would’ve talked Twins with him for…ever probably.

-I stumbled on to this entry for some reason and it’s very Nostradamus-like

-The movie, “Friday” is one of the funniest movies in the history of man kind. If you haven’t seen it, go out and buy it!

-Twins are only 5 games out of the Wild Card…pff and some of these big shot Twins bloggers said it would be impossible to get back in the mix.

-that’s all I got.

1 comment:

Orbitron19 said...

Am I a big shot? Just wondering..
BTW--Tigers face Santana & Liriano this weekend--I'd LOVE to make the trip! Still planning on late August for the Saints & Sioux Falls.