Search This Blog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Eat Bits Like You For Lunch

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
Ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord


-So rewind the tape back to January of ‘02 and it was at that time I had a backpacking trip with a bunch of strangers at the Superstition mountains in Arizona. Little did I know that this trip would be one of the best trips I have ever taken and it was entirely because I didn’t know anyone when we started out.
As the trip went on, the 7 of us got along great and it was like the perfect vacation.

I can honestly say that had I not went on this trip I would not know a lot of the people I know now. I wouldn’t have lived where I lived and wouldn’t have had the other experiences that I‘ve had. Quite frankly, it’s amazing how one great trip can affect your life.

Last night I got a call that one of the 7 passed away and although I hadn’t really talked to that many people from that trip in recent years, it still brings back memories from Arizona and specifically memories of “A”.

Although I never really talked to “A” outside of this trip, it’s still sad, yet amazing, that this one week is still being brought up.

He definitely contributed to the great experience of this trip and it is sad that he passed.

-Conversation with Mom
Mom: So this weekend at the family reunion are you going to walk up to people and say,
‘Hello, my name is Tom. How am I related to you?’
Boof: pffff Pretty much yeah.
Mom: Well I can tell you right now that I’m related to you because I gave birth to you.
Boof: oh, right.

-Eric emailed me to tell me that he’s passing up the chance to attend the Roger Waters Concert and tickets for the Yankees/Red Sox game in Fenway. 17th row at Fenway even!

He must be out saving the world or something.

- Say they both went on a three hour tour and became shipwreaked on a deserted island,
I pose this question,
Who could “out survive” who between MacGuyver and John Rambo?

I think MacGuyver.

-I’m trying to make a vow to not pay attention to ANY preseason NFL football. I can’t stand offseason NFL stuff and I always make the mistake to watch preseason NFL games so I’m going to try to avoid it as much as I can.

Except if anything is on in HD then all bets are off.

1 comment:

Eric Wormann said...

There will be other Yankees/Red Sox games. There won't be other Snakes on a Plane opening weekends.