Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sugar Bits

Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
You act like you never had love and you want me to go without.
Well, it's too late tonight to drag the past out into the light.
We're one, but we're not the same.
We get to carry each other, carry each other...


-I have recently found a new addiction. Although this addiction has been around for about five years I just had to try it.

I went to the library on Monday and found the 1st season of “24” and immediately went to the counter. The librarian who always talks about my selections (I check out the weirdest selection of movies--one time I checked out Basic Instinct and Finding Nemo. The librarian looked at my selection and just laughed.). She looked at the case of 24 and then at me and then said,
“Do you realize what you are getting into?”

“*sigh* yeah I think I do. Just gimme it anyway”

And so it began.

One episode turned into two and pretty soon, like a crackhead, I had to watch the next episode…and the next.

To be honest, the show is just fascinating. I love how it is in real time and that every hour of the day is represented. I get a huge kick out of the little things: sun coming up, how someone will start their working shift at the start of a show, and all the events that begin on the hour.

Then the segues, oh man. Every show entrance, commercial intro and exit, and show exit there is a clip of five subplots all going on at the same time. It’s like when CBS does a live “look in” during March Madness. Best. Segues. Ever.

I’m not even halfway through season one!

-haha I almost thought that this might be the year where no Viking players get in trouble with the law. Koren Robinson then proved me wrong the other night by driving drunk around St. Peter.

Good god there is something wrong with this team.

-If the on field stuff looked ugly, look, just look, at these ugly ass jerseys. This is what happens when you have a 5 year old design uniforms.

-On Tuesday I talked about Bret Hedican and how he literally paraded around North St. Paul with the Stanley Cup. Yesterday when I was stuck at the light on HW 36 I noticed that the famous NSP snowman was wearing a painted-on Hurricanes make-shift jersey with Hedican’s name painted on. On top of the stove pipe hat was a huge Hurricanes flag. ESPN.com even has a picture and an article.

This was actually a red flag for me because I see NSP being bigger than Bret Hedican and this snowman is a symbol of NSP and my own childhood for chrissakes! Plus, I wanted Edmonton to win in the worst way anyway. None of this Mason-Dixon NHL crap.

I remember watching Monday Night Football in Marshall, MN during my first year in college when--coming out of a commercial break--they showed this snowman and I instantly jumped up and down and said,
“oooh, ooooh that right there! That’s where I live!” To which everyone responded with,
“you live in a giant snowman?”

I think that might be somewhat cool to have an address that reads, “soandso, Big Giant Snowman, NSP, MN”

-Speaking of the Stanley Cup, last weekend I went to the bar with a friend and I met her boyfriend.

T’s Bf: So you saw the cup earlier today.
Boof: yeah it was really cool. It was like ten feet in front of me.
Bf: Dude, I got to drink out of it!
(Boof in awe)
Bf: yeah dude, I even saw it being towed on the back of a boat up north. It had it’s own raft and everything. The guy that watches the cup, yeah, that guy is one of the coolest guys in the world. He’ll let you do anything. The this other time one of my other school buddies won the cup and we partied like all night. It was sweet dude.

Hog, you should’ve been a really good hockey player. All my Stanley Cup dreams could’ve come through.

If any of you win the cup, I’m coming over with a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and a gallon of milk.

2 comments:

Barry Metropolis said...

Boof are you a North St. Paul grad?

Boof said...

nah, I'm a tartan grad actually.