Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Two Years?

Head at your feet. Fool to your crown.
Fist on my plate. Swallowed it down.
Enmity gauged. United by fear.
Tried to endure what I could not forgive.


Somehow, someway I have managed to do this blogging thing for a whole two years and thus today being my blog birthday thing. I expect a Dairy Queen cake on my desk for work later today.

For my two year mark I just want to talk a bit about how friggin weird blogging is. For instance I have talked to and mingled (online of course) with a bunch of people for months and yet I have never met them. And for the people that I have met and participate online--it’s even weirder. I guess it’s because, in the rhelm of the internet superhighway, I have found my Ecubicle and have met all the Epeople (bloggin buddies) that sit around me and my Echair. Basically it’s another world and I’ll even read some of the stuff I write and it sounds like someone else completely.

I’ve had people call me up and go,
“Hey Boof”
And I’ll be like ‘WTF’ temporarily and then remember that I have this blog-thing going and “Boof” is my blog. Basically, in real life I try not to associate with this blog at all basically because it feels strange to talk about it.

In fact, I almost dislike talking about this blog in real life because it seems like a paradoxical type thing. Blogging, for me, is like an extension of my imagination and I forget that people read it. It’s like sitting at the lunch table eating your own cheetos when someone comes up to you and says,

“you can’t stop thinking about her can you?”

Sure enough he hit the bulls-eye but you never gave the dude any kind of clues. It’s like he read your mind or something and now you wonder what else he knows.

Hell, in the last couple weeks people have been reminding me of that bj in the garage and I’ll briefly wonder how the hell they knew about it.

It’s like you people are in my mind…man. I

I dunno, the whole real world bloggin thing is kinda crazy at least for me, but I really like it.

3 comments:

Aliecat said...

Happy blog birthday! You're a whole year older than me! Oh, and I really am in your head, you just don't know it!

The Steph said...

So does that mean that if your blog is not you that you're not this funny in real life? I feel like we have all been deceived. :)

Boof said...

nah, I'm the most serious person you'll ever meet in real life. I get so serious that....
I don't know how to end that sentence.

I'm that serious