Search This Blog

Friday, September 08, 2006

Week 1 Picks

I am so sick of consequence and the look on your face
I am tired of playing defense
I don't even have hockey skates


Last year at this time I was drooling over the NFL season to begin. I didn’t feel comfortable with my fantasy team, Mike Tice was still the coach of the Vikings, and I had no idea what to think of for the 2005 NFL season.

This year I still have no idea what to expect, Mike Tice is gone, and I like my fantasy team. So you’d think that I’d be like a friggen monkey and all hopped up for the 2006 NFL season.

I’m actually not so this first week’s picks are going to look a lot like this:

Loser Vs. Lozers
I don’t know
Lozers 4 Losers 3

And I’m not doing the fellow bloggers picks deal because it just turned into a huge chore at the end of last year. I think Hannes was the only one who was somewhat serious about it because Sugar tit’s never game me her picks and Eric would just pick teams which were closest to New Jersey…or if they were called the Washington Redskins. Plus, I’m bitter that I lost by one damn game.

Learning the HTML code for charts was cool at first but now I’m bored with it so it’s just me this year.

Lets start out with…

Baltimore @ Tampa Bay (ugggghhhh)
Yeah, you got the jail gangbang crew vs. the uh…guys from Tampa. I don’t know, it’s at Tampa so I’ll go Bucs.
Bucs 24 Ravens 21

Atlanta @ Carolina
I think Carolina is the only clear-cut favorite in the NFC (and I got their defense…hell yeah), but that’s not a good position to be in because the media gets all crazy about one mysterious team and they end up sucking like crap for most of the year. Plus, what happened to all the hype for Michael Vick?
Panthers 13 Falcons 10

Buffalo @ New England
How the hell is anyone supposed to know how good the Patriots are this year? I can only tell you like three people that play in that offense and one sits on the bench. Then there’s Buffalo which…who the crap knows how bad they are? They could be the “sleeper team” this year.
Bills 20 Pats 13

Cincinnati @ Kansas City
Then there’s the chiefs who have a different coach with Herm Edwards. Who the crap even knows how good/bad he’ll be. I do think the Bengals will roll though
Bengals 33 Chiefs 21

Denver @ St. Louis
Denver wins
Broncos 24 Rams 17

New Orleans @ Cleveland
I don’t know, who the hell cares anyway.
We’ll say…New Orleans
Saints 27 Browns 16

NY Jets @ Tennessee
They shouldn’t even play this game as far as I’m concerned
Titans 27 Jets 13

Philadelphia @ Houston
Good lord I hate picking week one games. It may as well be the power ball for all I know. Philadelphia has McNabb and that other guy so I suppose they’ll win
Other guy 17 Houston 14

Seattle @ Detroit
I don’t know why, but I really don’t like Seattle at all. It’s to the point where I hope they lose every game they place. Them and Nate Burleson who is NFL’s version of Jacque Jones.
Seahawks 27 Lions

Chicago at Green Bay
Hell of a rivalry…not much else to say about that.
Bears 21 Packers 6

Dallas @ Jacksonville
I don’t friggen know. Go and flip a coin and pick the side that DOESN’T face up.
Dallas 20 Jaguars 17

San Francisco @ Arizona
Arizona’s got some big guns this year. Yeah…
Cards 31 49ers 17

Indianapolis @ NY Giants
It’s always the week one super star game that ends up being the most boring thing ever. This will be that boring game because I think the Colts roll away with this beotch
Colts 35 Giants 10

San Diego @ Oakland
This game will be wrapping up when you day people will be going to work. I think San Diego has this game and Oakland is just dumb.
Chargers 35 Raiders 17

Minnesota @ Washington
I honestly don’t have much of an opinion on the Vikings. Their offense seems really boring and their defense seems really tight. This could be an ugly one too.
Vikes 13 Redskins 10

As for my season prediction on the Vikings, I’ll give them an 8-8 record because I really don’t know any better.

I think they could be good if that left side of the line is as solid as it should be and I like how Troy Williamson looks. So I have my hopes up…again.

3 comments:

Aliecat said...

Oh, thank god, because I know even less about football than I do about baseball!

Eric Wormann said...

Washington 16-0 this year! Mark my words!

Orbitron19 said...

I was serious about my picks! I still hope the Lions go 0-16. How did the Vikings not hire the coach that drives naked? He'd be perfect for the Purple Helmet Warriors!