Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen: I got it!

Oh lie
I thought you were golden
I thought you were wise
Caught you returning
To the house you caught fire


-Season 5 of 24 came out a couple days ago and I at least wanted to get my name on the list. I tried to put my name in the reserve list the day before it came out but the online library checkout deal wouldn’t let me.
The problem with simply putting your name on the list is that you might be 144th in line to check out whatever you want to watch. For instance I’m number 147 in line for V for Vendetta which means that if there’s 146 people waiting for that movie, and they all get a week each to see it, It’ll be 2009 before I get to see it. Still, I gotta put my name on the list just to amuse myself.
So I didn’t want to wait until 2009 to see god damn season 5.

I checked the library website and noticed that season 5 was “on shelf” so I went to the gym (where the library is also at) and I decided to stop in the library. Like a magic jewel, there season 5 was all newly packaged and ready for someone to check it out. Apparently I was the first one to check it out. Pfff 2009.

So the addiction begins.

-How in the god damn hell did Boston end up signing JD friggen Drew for 5 years and $70M… ?? I guess my small market ways just can not figure this one out. What the hell has JD Drew done to get $70 million?


-I just got done with a head cold and I must say, head colds are sooooo much better than whatever the hell I had back in January and even back in September. This head cold was like twisting your ankle and limping around for a couple days except that ankles don’t require snot rags. Actually I was having some amazingly efficient snot blowing adventures. There was none of that “blow your nose but it’s still plugged crap”. In fact, one time I needed three Kleenex’s just to unload my nose.

-I have now realized that Rocky III, IV,V, and probably VI all have generally the same plot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that you deserve to be tortured for putting your name on a list for "V for Vendetta." And you just learned that about the Rocky movies? I haven't even seen any of them and I know that...

I'm disappointed in your pop culture savy. Sad. Very sad.