Search This Blog

Friday, January 26, 2007

NYC

No matter how he tried,
He could not break free.
And the worms ate into his brain


This is the time of year where I plan for things to do. I try to come up with some ideas for the summertime--if nothing else but to dream.

This year I have determined that I want to go to New York and see a Yankees/Twins game. “The house that Ruth built” will be gone after the 2008 season and if I don’t see a game there, I will definitely regret it for the rest of my life.

Lil Billy: Daddy, why didn’t you ever make it to New York to see Yankee Stadium?
Boof: Uh… well, see, your daddy just didn’t have the ambition or the initiative to go there.
Lil’ Billy: Daddy, why were you so stupid?
Boof: I uh…GO TO YOUR ROOM!

So the way I see it the Twins are in NY from July 2-5 and I would like to go to two games if possible. I’ve already been to NY twice before but I wouldn’t mind seeing the 9/11 memorial and perhaps a walk down times square but I would definitely like to see more baseball around the east coast.

With that being said, I’d love to go to Boston and see Fenway and they’re home from June 29-July 5th so I would have to go to Boston first.

Plane ticket to Boston…. $130
Plane ticket outta NY…..$130
Tickets………………….$150 (roughly)
Buses, taxicabs, subways ect…$100 (?)
Room………………..$$$

For rooms I’m hoping I could find a vacant bridge to sleep under or perhaps one of those Super bags of Doritos. For rooms I’m trying to see if I have a long lost sister that happens to live in NYC/Boston so I could shack up with her and perhaps cook breakfast for compensation. I hate paying for hotel rooms but I will if I need to. Still, a Super bag of Doritos sounds just as good with it being free. Hell, I could take my tent out there and simply sleep in that if A) there are such things as lawns in the east coast and B) if anyone lets me.

So we’re looking at around $600 depending on a bunch of things but damn, I need to do it!
The whole idea gets me pumped!

For that matter, if anyone is interested in coming along or have any connections... just look me up!

No comments: