Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2007

NCAA Tourny Prejudices

I dreamed you had left my side
No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me
It was clear that I could not do a thing for you


Favorite tournament moment: Watching Syracuse beat (whoever it was) back in ‘95 to solidify my prediction of a UNC, Syracuse, Mississippi St. and Kentucky final four. I didn’t win any money but I did get a ton of pride…from myself. Or watching UCLA lose to Princeton (a 15 seed) to which I predicted that upset. My greatest prediction ever!

Least favorite moment: Watching Duke win the national championship back in (what was it?) ‘92. I remember Christian Laettner shooting free throws and how I was yelling at the tv going “MISS! MISS!!!” and he would hit everything. He just couldn’t miss a bucket.

I suppose I’ll give out my prediction for this year. I like my prediction so much that I decided not to enter any pools because I wouldn’t want to cheat people out of any money or anything.

This year I have done what I always do:

-I unnaturally give the Big Ten a huge advantage in the tournament in general. I don’t think there’s been one year where I haven’t had two big ten teams in the final four. It’s so bad that I remember picking our Golden Gophers to beat North Carolina a couple years ago. (This year I have Wisconsin and Ohio St. in the final four)

-I unnaturally give the ACC a huge disadvantage in the tournament in general. I’ve just been so bitter about how the ACC is so “high flying”, “fast paced“, and ”high octane BAYBEEEEE” that I always subconsciously believe the ACC is like the NBA of college basketball and just care about the highlights instead of team basketball (like the big ten). I know it’s unbelievably prejudice and short sided of me but…big ten all the way baby! Screw you Duke Vitale. (This year I have one ACC team in the elite 8.)

-I usually give my yearly favorite teams a huge advantage too. Like I’ve really, really wanted Virginia Tech ( I know, they’re ACC now) and Texas A&M (basically because of their awesome home court) a huge advantage. (Virginia tech goes into the sweet sixteen and it ends there because they play the buzz saw known as Kansas. Texas A&M play another favorite of mine, Louisville and don’t even make it to the Sweet 16. How disappointing?)

-Florida…I know it seems like I’m picking on you Steph but…I’ve always had Florida knocked out by the sweet sixteen. Haha God, my bias is always strong in the NCAA tournament. I’m like the clan leader of the tournament. (I have Florida losing to Arizona in the 2nd round. Pff that’s not even credible!)

-I’ve always liked Louisville, Kentucky, Tennessee, a lot of Pac Ten teams, and schools with names that I like (Xavier, Winthrop, ect). (Xavier wins the first round, Winthrop heads into the Sweet 16.)


This year my colossal upset of the tournament will be….two 11 seeds in Winthrop and George Washington. I have Winthrop making the Sweet 16 against Wisconsin. It’s nothing meatnourmous or anything but I just don’t care for any of the 12-5 seed/classic upset games. (Gasp) In fact I hadn’t even picked a 12 seeded upset! Good God, someone shoot me now.

I have a Final four of Wisconsin, Kansas, North Carolina, and Ohio State with Kansas winning it all.

I look forward to eating a lot of chips and drinking tons of coke.
Please God, let a 16 seed win!

2 comments:

The Steph said...

Gross.

Sony Ericsson Takes Over Title said...

The Sony Ericsson Open is currently the largest tournament in the world with Title Sponsorship. When Butch Buchholz established the event in 1985, it marked the first time in 56 years that a new two-week tournament featuring men and women was launched. Located in Delray Beach (Laver’s International Tennis Center) in 1985 and Boca Raton (Boca West) in 1986, the tournament found a permanent home in 1987 on Miami’s Key Biscayne. In 1994, Miami-Dade County christened the Tennis Center at Crandon Park, a 30-acre expanse that is transformed each year from a public tennis facility into a full-fledged festival for the Sony Ericsson Open. The Sony Ericsson Open was awarded “Tournament of the Year” by the ATP for four consecutive years and seven of the last eight years and in 2004 by the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour and is considered one of the most prestigious titles in professional tennis. In 1999, the tournament was purchased by IMG.

The only combined 12-day Tennis Masters Series event on the ATP and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour calendar, the Sony Ericsson Open features the world's top-ranked pros – 96 men and 96 women in singles competition, and 32 men's teams and 32 women's teams in doubles action. The men’s final is best 3-out-of-5 sets with every other match in both men’s and women’s singles and doubles will be best 2-out-of-3.

Known as Tennis' 5th Grand Slam, the Sony Ericsson Open is second only to the US Open in attendance for American events.Championship Tennis Tours since 1987 sells Sony Ericsson Open Tennis Tickets and Sony Ericsson Open Tennis Packages. Well also sell tickets to the French Open, Wimbledon, Sony Ericsson Open, Australian Open, Pacific Life Open and the Sony Ericsson Open.
Enjoy this tornament contact usThe best place to obtain tickets for: Sony ericsson open, NCAA Final Tournament Four, acc tournament, big east tournament, at: http://www.ticketsofamerica.com