Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

One Crap

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy


Crap List

1. A Lie?
BJ guy and I have developed into a pretty nice set of roommates: we don’t bug each other and we can both make fun of the one woman in the house. We got common ground and we get along. Great.

The one issue that we both have been coming to a dead end on is politics. When it comes to politics I try as hard as I can to be objective and neutral as possible. I don’t bleed a certain color and I sure as hell don’t blindly vote one way on a ballot come November. I tend to lean left and I am generally not understanding the republican point of view but I’m not afraid to vote republican if I believe they are the better candidate. In fact I have…

(pause for drama)

I have even voted for a republican on a couple different occasions.

I know, I know. My fellow natural resources classmates and friends have all dropped their mouths. Even me from two years ago would punch myself in the face but I’m just not going to support a fucking idiot for a candidate.

BJ guy though said this,
“Well, those libs keep on talking about global warming but it’s a complete LIE!”

A lie? I will more than likely agree to disagree on most points of view regarding this subject (can we do something now about it? How will temps be in 40 years? Exactly how much will the oceans grow?) but A LIE?

To me that is the “LALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOU” syndrome where someone could be given 99 bits of evidence to support something but it’s the one opposing view that he’ll treat like the Bible. Nevermind the fact that the amount of carbon being put into the atmosphere has correlated with increases in temperature since the industrial age, but I suppose that’s just an amazing coincidence.

To me that would be like Steph saying that the Gators are going to win the NCAA basketball tournament (I hope not) and me shooting back with “you’re a liar!” which doesn’t make any sense.

No comments: