Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bits II

I changed my number maybe
You better change your mind
Cause I'd rather spend the night alone


-It’s been about a week of Twins baseball and so far…actually so far I don’t really have an opinion. It seems foolish to really start worrying or getting pumped up for anything other than Santana starts. If last year proved anything it’s that April doesn’t matter as long as any team doesn’t go 0-27. I mean I remember it being June and the Twins seems hopelessly out of any kind of playoff consideration.

Santana looked AWESOME on Sunday. I never thought he’d pitch past the 5th inning after the hard time he had in the 1st and 2nd.

Ortiz…daaaamn Ramon Ortiz has shown some results in the first couple starts of the year. Last night was really impressive.

-These umps really need to get a realistic view of the strike zone. I mean the cantaloupe sized strike zone is just ridiculous.

-I’ve been amazed at the Anaheim/ Cleveland series being played in Milwaukee. I’ve been watching on mlb.tv and there’s usually about 20k fans in attendance but they don’t really do anything. Usually after a pop fly out there will be some fans who clap at the effort. There’s none of that hear. In fact it’s as if all 20k fans are just there for simply something to do.

I did hear one fan who was into thing and he just wouldn’t shut up. Finally I hear this,

Fan: GIMME AN R! WHAT’S THAT SPELL? GARY MATTHEWS JUNIOR!!!

-The new ballpark will be unveiled today and I’m debating on seeing it. Either way I’m sure there will be plenty of pictures and more than enough items to critique and imagine so tomorrow I plan on having my thoughts on the new ballpark.

-NFL schedule was released yesterday… yaaaaaaaaaaaay (yawn)

-NBA is actually still playing. I forgot all about the NBA. Huh, wadduya know?

-Curling has been really fun. The last team we played were nothing more than a bunch of punk ass high schoolers. They had terrible form as they slide the rock down the ice but the rock would always be perfectly placed. My team had perfect form, graceful even, but we just couldn’t do anything.

Punk ass highschoolers 8
team graceful 0

-I need some recommendations for some alternative country female singers. I just don’t have my fill with Neko Case, Patty Griffin, and Kathleen Edwards. I need more!

-I was leaving work the other day when one of my dad’s longtime buddies stopped me in the hallway. He asked if I knew any good stories of my dad and of course I didn’t have anything that he hasn’t heard already. So then he asks me if I want to hear any.

I said sure but I immediately regretted that decision because perhaps my dad has been hiding these stories from me for a reason. Well, the guy told me about the night before the wedding. Not a story a kid wants to hear.

Needless to say I left and I didn’t feel the need to have any lunch.

-Don Imus looks like a crabby old lady. I can't find a recent picture but he really does look like mother winter or something like that.

4 comments:

WayCoolestSistah said...

I think I have a little bit of a crush on Ramon Ortiz. Who would have thought?

TwinsGoddess said...

Um, that was ME commenting above. (I'm not sure what happened there...)

H said...

Lucinda Williams, Allison Krauss, Gillian Welch

Hedy De Vine said...

H beat me to it, but I was also gonna recommend Lucinda Williams and Gillian Welch. But honestly, no one does it like Neko Case.