Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Day Late Crap

Listen to my wide eyed bundle.
Listen to them assail the night.
Lost again in their caves of wonder,
leaving us alone outside.


I didn’t have time the other night so I’m doing this today.

Crap List

1. Mortgage companies
So with my pursuit on home buying I’ve been planning on flirting with different mortgage companies looking for some decent rates. I talked to one company and they seemed very friendly, they helped me out with whatever questions I had, and while they were not quite believable, they seemed like they were on the right track.

I entered my info online for a pre-approval information and within minutes of submitting the info I get a call. The boss of the mortgage company I just submitted info on is calling me for whatever questions I had. We talked for a couple minutes and finally I just said,
“well, *sigh*” (which is my sign that I want to leave) and we ended the conversation.

Next day phone rings

Boof: Hello?
B: hello this is B from (mortgage company) I’m just calling to make sure that if you have any questions to please don’t be afraid to call.
Boof: gee, thanks. I’ll let you know.

Next day…the same thing

The 2nd day
Boof: *sigh* hello?
T: Hi Tom, this is B’s boss and I just wanted to see how things were going and if you have any questions to please let me or B know.
Boof: okaaay thanks.

Then I finally got pre approved and me and B are talking it over
B: have you picked a realtor yet?
Boof: nah I was in the process of interviewing some.
B: because we have an internal one we can refer you to. Would you like me to have him call you?
Boof: NO--er uh just send me the info and throw his business card inside.
B: Well, I could let him call you though.
Boof: no, don’t have him call me. Just give me his business card and I will call him.

Couple days later…

B calls me
T (B’s boss) calls me
And…the fucking internal realtor calls me.

This is why I fucking hate mortgage companies. They think they’re being customer friendly by “checking in on me” but I’m fucking annoyed by it. The worst part about this is if I don’t answer the phone, they leave these douchey messages about “if I have any questions….”

If my family decided to call me that much I would probably permanently turn my phone off. I love my family but please, for the last time I don’t know where the damn channel changer is!

And to the mortgage company out there: How about… IF I HAVE A QUESTION, I’LL GIVE YOU A GOD DAMN CALL! IS THERE SUCH THING AS A MORTGAGE COMPANY THAT DOESN’T BUG THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE?

2. The small roommate issues.

So Saturday my roommate (the single, 45 year old woman) was delighted to see BJ guy for the first time in a week. They laughed, they embraced, and then they started arguing. Arguing like someone was cheating on the other or something when it turns out that the upcoming vacation they’re going on seems to be more business related.

So they argue and argue until BJ guy finally leaves (Tangent: honestly I can’t believe he takes as much abuse as he does because my roommate doesn’t have a fuse. One little word said incorrectly will turn her into a complete mad crazy bitch). Now that BJ guy left my roommate is looking for more blood so she comes downstairs to see what I’m up to.

Good thing I wasn’t ‘waxing the carrot’ because she was going to talk/yell at me no matter what. Her main bug is why I wasn’t out and about this time on a Saturday night. It was about 8pm and I was planning on going to Hog’s place, I was still in my “I’ll go when I feel like going” mood. So the best she does (without getting too insulting because my lease is running out) is call me weird. I can take weird but I know she was looking for something more offensive because I didn’t react offended at all.

I think she just wanted me to leave so they could have some quality make-up sex…or a bj in the garage.

No comments: