Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Games and Games

Down and out
It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about.
With, without.
And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?


So back to Tits McGee….

We were all dead set and ready to go the Chatterbox when she asked what the Chatterbox was.

Boof: Well Chatterbox is pretty cool. They’ve got tons of old school video games (hoping to perk the interest of J) and tons of board games (hoping to spark the interest of Tits).

Tits had this frown on her face: So there’s video games?

Boof: yeah but there’s board games too

Then J looked at Tits and found out she didn’t like it and he started frowning: So it’s a place to play video games?

Boof: Well it’s a bar that happens to have games there, yes.

They didn’t want to go because I think they figured it was a place like Game works (only nerdier) or something where there wasn’t wall to wall people and you have to carry your drink above the headline in order to go anywhere. Basically they wanted to go to the type of place I just can’t stand where I’m relegated to sitting outside pretending I’m wearing a straight jacket.

I kinda took offense to the rejection from old school gaming. Old school games are like Shakespeare to me--they’re classic and no one should dare put hate onto such a subject. After all, it’s the games of the past that give us our ADD-ness of today. How can someone possibly put hate onto Super Mario Bros or regular Mario Bros. Then there’s Bubble Bobble, how could one not want to play Bubble Bobble? NBA Jam with Scott Skiles and Kevin Johnson!? My god that’s awesome!

If it was Gameworks I probably would feel their pain since I’ve retired from gaming as of 1992 when Super NES came out. I suddenly looked at my Nintendo system and realized that everything was already outdated. That’s when I started to not care about how many games I “beat” and I started to do other things to which I can’t even remember right now. Nowadays I just don’t “game” at all and it doesn’t interest me much.

Actually I remember my bro and I used to play this homerun derby game at the end of our driveway. We had this beach ball thing and I would stand at the end of our driveway and hit the beach ball at our house. I gotta say it was very satisfying hitting the house with that thing. Oh and I suppose golf took up a bunch of time as well….and work (so I could play golf).

I mean Chatterbox is pretty much the perfect first date place and I don’t even like board games. I can only imagine how cool it would be with a bunch of people where a couple guys play video games, a couple others play a board game and you could stand around with your drink and watch both. It’s sounds like New Years Eve!

No comments: