Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I Was Sick, I Swear

Vacate, is the word.
Vengeance has no place so near to her.
Cannot find the comfort in this world.
Artificial tear. Vessel stabbed, next up, volunteers?
Vulnerable. Wisdom can't adhere.

Okay so I can explain. Jus gimme a chance to explain.


So I caught this weird ass virus or bug or something. The fuckin thing was the most effective and quickest thing I have ever had and I it came out of nowhere.

Usually when I get sick it goes like this,

I’ll be sleeping and dreaming about…the things I dream about (Sara Evans, watching baseball while eating Doritos, and crazy things that can only be resembled in old USSR cartoons) when I’ll wake up and notice my throat is a tad bit dry. I cough the wussiest cough ever and then it hits me, I’m sick. Maybe not right then and there but that pussy cough usually represents that a cold is about 24 hours away. Like clockwork, 24 hours later I’ll be plugged up and sicker than a dog.

This was weird though. Saturday I was mostly fine. My eyes were really watery (which is very unusual for me) and I was tired but I believe that was more due to my lack of sleep the night before.

Sunday I was pretty much in bed the whole day. Eyes were watery with the crusties underneath, head was pounding, I was weak, and walking to the other side of the room would increase the heart rate. The weird thing was that I wasn’t stuffy, no sneezing, and my ears weren’t playing tricks (my ears always seem to plug up when I get a cold).

Although I didn’t seem stuffed up people on the phone said I sounded ill. Maybe that’s because I was ill. Hmm I guess that’s definitely a thought.

Also when I get sick I usually don’t let that stop me from doing the things that I usually do other than working out. I avoid people at all cost (I do that anyway) but I can usually work with whatever sickness I have. This particular bug was not workable. I think I only missed about 5 days of school (one being senior skip day) and I’m usually really stubborn when it comes to illness. It takes a lot to make me miss things.

Monday night I felt so unbelievably terrible. It was to the point where I couldn’t do anything without holding my head in my hands and pray that the pain goes away. It could’ve been a caffeine headache but I’ve had those before and this was unbelievable. I finally got home and went straight to bed.

I woke up about a hour in a half later and everything was gone--the pressure in my head, my watering eyes, and my weakness. I was ready to go…at 2am. Unlike the past two days, I wasn’t going to sleep a wink because I completely awake and alert.

Yesterday I felt pretty similar--I went out of the house, I arrived at work and I wasn’t crabby, I even sang in the shower. There’s still a bit of remnants from this bug but I can’t see it coming back for more. At least I hope not.

I wonder what the deal was though. Maybe it was that bucket of AIDS that I drank, or maybe it’s a genetic deal because my dad’s from Wisconsin and my mom from Iowa, or maybe I should stop eating quarters.

Did I describe a migraine? I don’t think I’ve ever had one but then again, I don’t think I’ve ever had anything that bad either.

No comments: