Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2007

Makeup Bits

To martyr yourself to caution
Is not going to help at all
Because there'll be no safety in numbers
When the Right One walks out of the door

-So I completely lost track of this week and forgot my bits for Thursday. I’m so stupid that as I was typing the title of yesterday’s entry that I thought to myself,
“hmmm ‘A Bit about Pitching’ sounds like a Thursday entry with the usage of ‘bit’.” and I didn’t think anything of it.

I think I’m confusing myself with all this…never mind

-I remember a couple years ago when Twinsgeek decided to pull the plug on his most excellent Twins blog. It was sad and I was wondering how Twins blogging could live on but it did.

Well, now I’m going to wonder the same now that batgirl has decided not to blog anymore. Batgirl was probably the most nationally recognized blog of all in that she never talked about stats or strategy but she’d have the best prose and the funniest dialogue anywhere. I’m glad to know she’s an actual author otherwise I would probably say “I’m not worthy” and live a life of robbing banks in the wild, wild west.

If you have to see anything from Batgirl it’s her use of “legovision” and that pretty much says it all. Legovision alone will be missed.


-I remember always stealing my mom’s Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke and drinking it just to find out that I simply enjoyed opening the can more than drinking that diarrhea. I also remember taking out a can of ‘Pepsi Jazz’ out of the work fridge and thinking ‘hmmm I like the Blues which is kinda like jazz…and I’ve always been a bit of a fan of the Utah Jazz…and the can looks really pretty and shiny…maybe I’ll give a try.”

Pepsi Jazz was so revolting that I held a shaking fist as I pissed it out.

So I grudgingly tried Coke zero because Baby Cakes said it was good and…I dug it. Since then I’ve been feasting on Coke Zero and Coke Zero with Cherry instead of the usual regimen of 5 cokes and the results have been very pleasant. I’ve lost 3 pounds and someone said I looked a bit skinny.
So that’s my weight loss program, drink zero calorie pop.

-I also tried Coke Plus--you know, the Coke with vitamins in it--and I thought it was going to taste worse than the Pepsi Jizz stuff but it’s actually pretty damn good too. I suppose in the future I can rely on Coca Cola to bring me all my essential vitamins and minerals and life will be grand.

-I feel kinda bad because my dad is making his yearly trip to Charlotte for the Coca Cola (wow, it’s like I’m working for the company suddenly) 600 and his buddy that goes to all the races with him passed away a couple months ago. I went home earlier in the week and for some dumb reason my dad is keeping his late buddy’s 1988 Dodge crapmobile in the backyard. The car has squirrels living in it, it’s missing a front passenger tire, and I don’t believe there’s an engine in it. I know for a fact this is bugging the hell out of my mom and, for the first time in…ever, I actually side with her.

Maybe my dad’s trying to fix it up so he can get…$200 for it?

1 comment:

Baby Cakes said...

See I do know what I am talking about sometimes!