Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2007

The Lunatic is on the Grass

How I wish,
how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl
year after year


Roger Waters is in town this weekend and I’m getting a little more pumped as Saturday comes closer. I don’t have any tickets but I’m hoping that some hot looking woman is looking for someone to take one of her extra tickets. That or someone who just has no idea who Roger Waters is and their hardcore Pink Floyd buddy is sick so now they are trying to give away a ticket. Either way I’m feeling pretty good about my chances of getting in the door for less than $30.

Back in 2000 when I went to see Waters it was a HUGE deal because he hadn’t toured in over ten years and no one from Pink Floyd did anything in a long ass time. It was a pretty decent concert (for being at the Target Center) and I even bought a concert tee. Yep, I bought one of those cheap ass t-shirts that seem to dissolve in 90 days. It was just that good.

Now there seems to be absolutely no hype for this. Roger Waters hasn’t done anything other than play with Pink Floyd a couple years ago and he’s touring for no apparent reason which I don’t mind. Also the local radio station was selling a 4-pack of tickets for $92 which is a little embarrassing.

But for the people who don’t know Roger Waters….

HE’S THE GUY WHO WROTE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, ANIMALS, THE WALL, AND WISH YOU WERE HERE for christ sakes. This guy is a satirical genius who really can’t sing--but that’s besides the point.

But since I saw David Gilmour in concert last year and he was touring with Nick Mason and Richard Wright. Then take in this concert with Roger Waters and if I could only cut and paste past images in my head… we would have a full fledged Pink Floyd concert with all four members.

Which is probably only cool to me though.

Hmmm…

Pizza makes me thirsty.
I also have also cleaned up the side panel a bit so it's not so crappy. I added my photo archive as well.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: