Search This Blog

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Roger Waters is Coming!

You walk across a baseball field
The grass has turned to straw
A flock of birds tries to fly away from where you are


-I think my stint on that tree club is coming to an end rather quickly. It’s not that I’m uninterested in trees (because I am and everyday I think of what particular trees to put in my future yard) but talking about trees is soooooo god damn boring that I find myself uncontrollably moving around in my seat.

That’s the problem with dealing with the environment and natural resources--it’s just not fun to sit around and talk about the stuff. Usually it’s very disheartening and frustrating and dealing with the problems is hard to convey to people who don’t have the same needs. I the problems and suggestions are not as fun to talk about as it is going out and seeing the stuff. Like Emerald Ash Borer Beetles are one thing to talk about but seeing examples and heading out to the forest is another thing.

Perhaps having meetings outside is an order.

-That same tree club meeting I had a conversation with one of our older members.

Old Lady: So this particular house then has a fence. Guess what color this fence is.
Boof: uh…red?
Old Lady: it was blue
Boof: oh like a light blue?
Old Lady: No, like a navy blue
Boof: oh, sounds nice.
Old Lady: NO, it was horrible. I can’t believe anyone would have a fence like that.

Old people kinda crack me up sometimes.
I must’ve missed the memo on that one because what the hell? I wouldn’t mind having a navy blue fence.

-I’ve always wondered what the saying, “you can’t have your cake and eat it too” really meant because although I know the meaning of the phrase, I don’t understand it. I mean when I have cake I usually have it and then eat it…too. So what the hell?

Apparently the saying is supposed to mean that you can’t have your cake and eat it too…and then still have it. So basically I wont be saying it anymore.

Instead I’ll be sayin, “you can have picture in picture, but you can’t have picture in picture in picture”

-The local radio station is selling a 4-pack of tickets for $92 to see Roger Waters at the Xcel Energy Center on June 30. I have another buddy who is interested but if anyone else has a general curiosity to see Dark Side of the Moon played in it’s entirety at the Xcel Arena for $23 then let me know.

The last time he was here he played in the Target Center and as biased as I am, the concert was really cool. For $23 this is a steal!

No comments: