Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Library Computers-Don't Use

So touch my tears with your lips,
Touch my world with your fingertips,

And another thing about the NBA and gambling... the friggen all star game was in Las Vegas last year. I mean gambling...Las Vegas? Whatever


Crap List

1. Not having my computer
This last 10 days have been just strange. I tend to be the type of person that has my selection of message boards and blogs that I like to read on a regular basis. I’m borderline addicted and I’m still pissed that the geek squad waited all last weekend to send in my laptop.

Since turning in my laptop I’ve resolved to using work computers and library computers.

Public Service Announcement from Boof: DON’T USE LIBRARY COMPUTERS.

Let me explain…

So today after the gym I head on over to the library to check out some movies and check my email. I found that there were a couple computers open so I took advantage and pounce on that mother right away. So I sign up and pull the chair out when I glance at the guy next to me.

The guy next to me was a mid to early twenty something whose clothing looked like it with either laundry day or time to find a job. He had a two week shadow going and was the kind of guy that makes you clench to your children a little tighter when you see him walking in the neighborhood.

Anyway I suspected something right away when his monitor was tilted heavily to the side and an arm extending to….you know. I stood there wide eyed and made note of the 3 librarians within 20 feet of me, the ten or so kids literally running around, and the mother and daughter looking up something at the computer right across from where he was going at it.

I wanted to do the “DING, DING, DING, THIS GUY IS WHACKING OFF” but….the kids-I was thinking about the kids.

So when he was done (bleh) I went up to the librarian and sidled up next to him.

Boof whispering: So that guy that just left…
Librarian: yeah?
Boof: he was whacking off there.
L: *sigh* ugh yeah I thought so
Boof: so… disinfectant wipes?
L: huh?
Boof: the guy just whacked one off!
L: I’m not touching that.

Just then another woman stepped onto that computer.
I nearly threw up…

I heard about this kind of stuff on Dateline in Philadelphia but not in North St. Paul.
I mean IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!!!!!!!! The computer was 15 feet away from the front desk!!!

Good lord I need my computer back.

No comments: