Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2007

Who's More "Now"?

Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam

I know I’m about 4 weeks late on these subjects but I just wanted to give my five cents on the subjects.

Basically the question is: Who’s more “Now” between Michael Vick and Tim Donaghy?

Lets explore this question more closely

Michael Vick is more “Now” because…
Because how the hell does one get involved into dog fighting? I mean there’s being a gambleholic where you bet $2000 on war and then there’s betting on every horse in the race at the track but… dogfighting? Apparently he hasn’t see The Dog Whisperer and some of those cool dogs.

Sometimes I wonder if I was a hugely popular athlete I’d
1. Hire a driver so I can get drunk everywhere I go and have a ride home
2. don’t get involved into dogfighting
3. stay away from the mafia
4. don’t rape anyone
5. and don’t use drugs

Why is that so god damn hard? No one cares if Nick Punto or someone stupid is “rockin the ganja” but Michael Vick is a different story.
Couldn’t he just bet on everything and have massive cocaine buffet parties like some of the other athletes?

Why is Tim Donaghy more more now?
Wait a minute…the NBA is rigged? NAAAAAWWWWW? You mean when Shaquille O’Neal can tap dance ‘This Land is Your Land’ underneath the basketball hoop and not get called for traveling it might be a red flag? You mean in a sport that repeatedly has “phantom calls” and “make up calls” there’s the possibility it could be rigged?
When nearly all the player flop around and jump in the air all retarded because they know they’ll a foul is automatically going to be called…the calls could be subjective?

I pretty much stopped watching the NBA after the T-wolves run three years ago because during that playoff run, it was painfully obvious the league was trying not to have the T-wolves in the finals.
Not to mention that the there was a span of 14 years in the last couple decades where one of the top 5 markets was represented in the finals.

Next you’re going to tell me that superstars get preferential treatment!

I’d say Donaghy is more “now”.

1 comment:

Aliecat said...

This is also why I no longer watch the NBA...I prefer the purity of college ball.../guffaw