Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Queen Review

I felt a little fear, upon my back
I said don't look back, just keep on walking.

Ugh…I can’t wait until my damn computer gets here. Mother fucker!

One day I was perusing the movies and I came across The Queen which I remember was up for a ton of Academy Awards. I typically don’t care for anything British because the dialect always seems so dry and refined. It’s all just too classical for me. I watched most of The Queen and now I really don’t care to watch anything British ever again.

The Queen is all about the Royal Family after the events of what happened to Princess Diana ten years ago. Tony Blair (also known as US’s bitch) just became Prime Minister and had to clash heads with the queen. As it turns out, I don’t know how it ends because it was all too painfully boring for me to continue.

Ugh the truth is it was just like any other family where the parents are too full of themselves to do the right thing and the bickering goes back and forth. I should also point out right now that while I respect Princess Di, I really couldn’t give two shits about the whole topic in general so I guess I had no business watching this.

One of the biggest reasons why I wanted to see this is because of the acting by Helen Mirran as Queen Elizabeth II. I wasn’t that impressed because how hard is it to act like the Queen of England. I’m thinking it’s like mimicking the voice of Robin Leach-it’s not terribly hard from what I see. It’s like ‘how do you think the Queen would act’ and that thought right there is pretty accurate.

I cut the film short because I was just so sick and tired of…everything. It just wasn’t my cup of tea and I honestly didn’t care. Not to mention the British accent was getting on my nerves.

I’m actually going to put this movie in the real *real* chick flick category because I can’t believe any self respecting non British guy would give a damn about anything in this movie. The definition of ‘chick flicks’ seem to be confused for cheesy drama flicks in which I think is an incorrect notion. I believe ‘chick flicks’ are those that only chicks can understand and enjoy. It’s almost like another language for guys because I’ve seen the beginning of Legally Blonde and…I don’t get it at all.

The Queen with the entire Princess talk and crap like that definitely puts this chick flick category.
Women- watch it
Guys-don’t watch it unless your chick will reward you.

No comments: