Search This Blog

Thursday, September 06, 2007

2007 Week One Picks

What shall we do to fill the empty spaces?
Where waves of hunger roar
Shall we set out across the sea of faces?
In search of more and more applause

This 2007 season of the NFL brings us...football and beer and wings every Sunday.  Despite my team probably sucking ass this year, I cant wait to hang out at BWW in Oakdale every Sunday.  Therefore if you want to hang out with a bunch of pigs (or A pig....me) then feel free to join us. 

Last year we racked up 185 free wings by simply wearing a jersey every time the Vikings scored a touchdown so be sure to wear the uni and bring extras so we can bring in some homeless people and steal their wings.

Anyway I bring you

 

PICKS 2007!!!!

Last year I went...I'm too lazy to figure it out but it was probably very incredibly awesome.  This year I hope to do better.

This first week is always a shot in the dark so nevermind the mindless chatter before the picks since I have no idea what I'm doing anyway.

Carolina @ St. Louis
I really don't have a clue because both of these teams never seem as good as they're advertised.  Why does my touch pad on my computer always want to erase everything?  That bugs me but thank god for the "undo" button.  They should have more of those in life.
Rams 27 Panthers 13

Denver @ Buffalo
I'm really not into Buffalo but I do like that "Confessions of a Matchmaker" show which is based in Buffalo. It seems completely staged but I find it entertaining.  It's weird that it's based in Buffalo though.  It's also weird that a city is named Buffalo.  It's also really, really weird that many cities are named Buffalo.
Broncos 17 Bills 13

Kansas City @ Houston
I guess KC has Larry Johnson and I guess that would be enough to win over Houston...but I dont think so. 
Texans 24 Chiefs 21

Miami @ Washington
I really don't know but I know that the Redskins are hard to beat at home.  Riveting, I know.
Redskins 27 Dolphins 17

New England @ NY Jets
Pats win because they're the Pats.
Patriots 27 Jets 17

Philadelphia @ Green Bay
With the Packers playing and my newly found bias towards the Eagles I want to pick a huge Eagles blowout. Therefore,
Eagles 400 Packers 14

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
I pretty much dislike all Cleveland teams and the Browns are no exception especially since they're playing a team I've always liked, the Steelers.
Steelers 17 Browns 10

Tennessee @ Jacksonville
Jacksonville only because of that gang banger defense.
Jaguars 13 Titans 6

Chicago @ San Diego
I really don't trust the Bears when they play a good team.  I know they played Indy tough in the playoffs but I can't help but to think that they've been blessed by being in a horrible division.  After all, they were one receiver away from being swept by the Vikings
Chargers 24 Bears 3

Detroit @ Oakland
ugh... yuck. Actually this might be better than it looks because Oakland can only go be better and Detroit...I don't know about Detroit.  I guess the Lions can only go up too but Matt Millen is STILL THERE! 
Raiders 27 Lions 23

Tampa Bay @ Seattle
It's at Seattle so Seattle wins.
Seahawks 24 Bucs 13

NY Giants @ Dallas
I know they're in NY but why do the Giants continuously get NBC coverage? 
Dallas 24 Giants 16

Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Now this is what I'm talking about.  This should be the game on Sunday night only because I can actually watch it.  This game is completely fascinating.  Baltimore wins for no apparent reason.
Ravens 21 Bengals 13

Arizona @ San Francisco
pfff I dunno.  Arizona?
Cards 24 49ers 20

Atlanta @ Minnesota
ugh I'm getting bored just typing this game out.  I honestly don't think this years Vikings is much better than a 6-10 team.  The running game looks awesome and the run defense looks awesome again but what about a quarterback?  What about a pass defense?  ugh.  Anyway I think the Vikes will pull this one out just barely.  Maybe it would be best if this game is blacked out since it already sounds boring.
Vikes 21 Falcons 20

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: