Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Good news!

Now I'm here (now I'm here..)
Now I'm there (now I'm there..)
I'm just a just a new man
Yes you made me live again

I've been a bit down in the dumps lately.  Last week when I found out that my car was going to need about $2800 in service, I just couldn't stop crying and shitting in my pants.  Instead of walking around I moped and was being a negative nancy--er Boof.  I had a friend that just

Phone rings.... It's from the shop
It was getting to the point where if I saw the repair shop's number in my caller id that I wouldn't answer but I would wait about ten minutes to set myself up for more bad news.

Boof:  Hello?
shop:  Uh yeah, your car is done. 
Boof:  Sweet.
Shop:  It looks like your heads were good though so that's some good news.
Boof:  The heads were good?  YES!!!

 

So I came in the next day to pick up my car.  The woman behind the counter had a bunch of bills laid out on the table so she was looking for my bill. 

Lady looking at my bill:  Wow, that's a lot of money
Boof:  yeah I kno--WOAH, HELL YEAH!
They quoted me a price of about $2800 anticipating that the cylinder heads were cracked.  This bill was considerably less--about a grand less.  The woman looked at me like I was nuts while I was pumping my fist in the waiting area.  Apparently I caught the problem just in the nick of time and I got to the shop before it started to overheat.  The guys at the shop were surprise and I (doing my best Russian dance) was elated.

It was probably (and will be) the only time I ever get elated to shell out $1800.  Still, I'm looking at all the positives.

-Since I saved my heads it also means I may have saved the bearings.  At least to the point where I don't have to worry every time I drive it.
-I needed an oil change anyway so instead of one, I had two (because they needed to flush out all the coolant that was everywhere).
-I also needed a coolant flush and that was done
-I got a new gasket, water pump, plugs, and hoses so that's all tip top.
-I learned a little bit with the whole fiasco.  Never ever own a vehicle.
-I now feel the need to spend $1000 like crazy mad!  That's probably more of a bad thing but...so what.

I'm experimenting with ways to develop propellers that will go over my head (like inspector gadget).  That way I can go anywhere I want.

No comments: