Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Belated Bits

I've got 200 more miles of rain asphalt and light
before I sleep
But there'll be no warm sheets or welcoming arms
to fall into tonight

-Before I got sick I know I wandered into the grocery store late one night and bought NyQuil, some gum, and a sweet beef stick. I came home and took the Nyquil out of the bag and threw the rest somewhere in my room. I'm not so concerned about the gum but the beef stick...the beef sick is a Klements beef stick and those are bitchin.

So I'm wondering if I should attempt to clean my room in an effort to find this magical beef stick.

or

should I forget about it and hopefully find it when I move out. That way it would be a super bonus and add a smiley face to a good day or be something that actually goes in my favor in a bad day.
I'm opting for the latter because I'm really lazy.


-Last night they had the McGyver myths on Mythbusters to which I haven't seen yet. Apparently they're going to recreate the bamboo glider thingy that Macgyver made during one particular episode. I vividly remember that episode as being one of the coolest ever because I thought maybe I could make one of those things.

Like I could be in church or something and go to the bathroom where I would make a glider thingy out of pews and bibles while I steal a motor (that happens to be sitting in the refreshments room) and I would fly my way back home and eat up all the Oreos.

I did remember that Macgyver scenario during the weirdest times though. Like during a test I would be deep in thought when I would think of him in that bamboo glider thingy and I would think, "wow, that's completely ridiculous!" and then I would go on to fail said test.

I actually hope that particular myth is true though. I mean then we could all fly around in bamboo glider thingys!


-I think my mom is starting to get some severe cabin fever. Since my bro moved out and found his own place there's one less person around the house and suddenly the house looks a bit empty. Usually when I stop home it's like this,

Boof opening the door to the kitchen: Hey, hey!
(silence)
I walk around the corner to the living room where my mom is wrapped up in a blanket on the couch
Boof: Hey, what's new?
Mom: I don't know. What should be new?

compared that to now,
Boof opening the door to the kitchen: Hey--oh hey mom.
She heard me come up the steps and is now greeting me at the door.
Mom: Are you hungry? Do you want something to drink. Here, have a seat

All that really makes me a bit uncomfortable because I didn't come over for tea and I miss the uncaring mom. Suddenly I'm the center of attention and I have to actually have a conversation with my mom which isn't too bad but I know she wont really be listening to me.

My dad on the other hand, he has 2 new 'man rooms' where he can watch tv by himself and not have to be bothered by other noises (like my Mom).

No comments: