Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Crappy Biscuits

Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime


Crap List

1. Burger King
I looked at some houses on Saturday morning and while I did find two houses that I did like I was a little more excited that we finished a bit early at 10am. I had just enough time to have some fast food breakfast. It's already starting to be a good day!

I had a bit of a quick problem in that there were no Burger Kings around and that I didn't know if I could make it in time. I went north on Snelling (notorious for stoplights on every damn block) and I made just about every single light. I then realized that I might not have enough money on me since I spent so much on stupid shit at the gas station the night before. I reached in my pocket and pulled out a five dollar bill.
Sweet as hell! Again, everything is going right.

I pulled into the Burger King drive-thru at 10:20am and the breakfast menu was still up. Although I was wearing my 96 hour shadow, hadn't showered in over 24 hours, and wearing clothes that were decidedly dirty I was glowing like a million bucks.
It's always a good day when I can get my biscuits

I pulled up to the teller,
Teller: Welcome to Burger King, how may I help you?
Boof: Yes, I'd like the number with a milk fine lady.
(Pause)
Teller: Ah, we're serving food now sir.
Boof: What?
Teller: We're finished serving breakfast
(and she's telling me this as the breakfast menu was still posted.)
Boof: It's not even 10:30 yet!
(nothing for a couple minutes)
Boof: It's only 10:22! What about my biscuits!
(nothing)
Boof: dammit!

As I was going to put my car into gear and reverse my way out of the drive through lane a huge SUV pulled in and I was decidedly stuck in the drive through lane without my biscuits. The service was really slow that MORNING and I was sitting there without any food waiting for me for about ten minutes. No chance to quickly go to McDonalds.

So then I had my mind set on biscuits and my only alternative was to go to Super America and buy one of their poopy biscuits and I really don't like poopy biscuits. At least I got some money on my speedy rewards zone card.

No comments: