Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Crap Movies Crap

Half my life is in books written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know its true
All the things come back to you

 

Crap List

1.  Stephanie not seeing any good movies.

Steph and I chat all the time online.  Basically it's me goofing off and acting stupid and to see how stupid I can take things.  In our chatting, Steph has revealed that she loves to watch movies but has not seen an alarming number of choice movies.  For instance I believe this whole conversation started when I found out she has not seen any of the Indiana Jones movies--yes, that's right, Steph has not seen ANY of the INDIANA JONES MOVIES.  You know, those movies that are always on Saturday afternoon and that you go over to a friends house and watch Indiana Jones movies?  Then there's the Star Wars movies, The Godfather part 1, The Godfather part II, Cast Away, Gladiator, American Beauty, and The Shawshank Redemption and probably many more.

That all means that she hasn't had that moment after American Beauty where one looks up and thinks, "oh my god, that was so damn good!".  She has never had cable long enough to see The Shawshank Redemption, a movie that's probably on TNT right now as you read this. 

SHE HASN'T SEEN THAT!?

What's worse is that the movies she HAS seen (looking at her blog) are National Treasure II, I am Legend, The spiderman movies, Waist Deep (whatever the hell that is), and LARRY THE CABLEGUY:HEALTH INSPECTOR. 

Just to recap:  Steph has not seen The Godfather part I (or II) but she HAS seen Larry the cableguy: Health inspector for cryin out loud.

(blink:blink)

All those other movies are nice and all but they pale in comparison to the list I have above in what she hasn't seen.  I mean I would watch all of the Indiana Jones movies about 10 times each over one more time of godawful I Am Legend. 

What's even worse than worse is that I HAVE LENT those movies to her (because it's just so fucking ridiculous that she hasn't seen any of those movies) and she refuses to watch them!  Like, I bet she thinks that I'm hyping those movies so much that she'll spite me by not watching them or by watching half of them while talking on the phone and writing up a report and saying it was stupid. 

I just can't take it anymore.  I bet if you take the past 20 Oscar award winning movies in the last 20 years, she's maybe seen 2 of them. 

I own about 5 of them alone.

1 comment:

The Steph said...

In my defense, I have seen all of the Star Wars movies in the proper order in the theater. So there. Now you can take 6 movies off the "OMG STEPH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THAT!!" list.