Search This Blog

Friday, June 06, 2008

Boof in LA

See them tumbling down
Pledging their love to the ground
Lonely but free I'll be found
Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds.

 

They say Los Ang-ales is the city of angels...

It's somewhat true because remember the "cool people" in high school?  Well, everyone here is in that category.  I think it's illegal to be fat or ugly or to have small boobs. 

That's right, I'm in Los Angeles at the moment and to avoid the crazy traffic I decided to jot down a couple things about LA.  Technically I'm here for a job interview but I already knew coming in that I didn't want the job because I don't think I could stand LA.  After being here for about 36 hours, I think that's a pretty accurate notion.  The weather, women, and beaches are great but there's no way in hell I would come to move here.

I didn't tell the potential employer that though.  I think I may have said something like, "I dunno, LA might be a great place to live.  I'm excited about the opportunity!" to the potential employer knowing full well that I came here for the free vacation.  I made up stories about how much I make, how what a great opportunity this could be, and I was bragging about my ideas for their company in how to improve (which I made up on the fly).  More or less I whored myself out for this vacation. 

This morning the Potential employer (PO) gave me the stats on the job in terms of pay.  For me to even consider coming out here it would take about...$100k and full benefits.  I know that's a hell of a lot but it would honestly take a hell of a lot to pry me away from Minnesota or the upper midwest and head over to LA.  What he offered was $5,000 more than what I make at my current job, salary (which sucks being an hourly guy), and the same vacation benefits.

I nearly laughed in his face and I certainly didn't feel like much of a whore anymore. 

Did you know that a 2 bedroom mediocre apartment in LA is about $1700?  What kind of a stupid fucker does the dude take me for?

Anyway I'm only here to eat at an In 'N Out burger, see some baseball (Dodgers and Padres), eat a dodger dog, and live out my Big Lebowski dreams.  I'll have plenty of pictures and and probably a sun burnt head.

Update:  The In 'N Out Burger was okay but Culver's is better.  They should change their name from Culver's to "Doggystyle Diner" or "sex burger".

No comments: