Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rare Bits

I don't ever wanna drink again
I just ooh I just need a friend

 

-The Baseball Hall of Fame veterans panel convened to select a peer into the hall of fame a couple days ago and such local names like Jack Morris, Bert Blyleven, and Tony Oliva have been sprouting up since.  To me, Morris is a candidate only because of game 7 alone which has been regarded as the best pitched World Series game ever.  Still, I'm not sure he should be in.  Blyleven should just because of his crazy ass curve ball.  I have always dreamed about facing such a curveball and missing it by about two feet.  Oliva is probably the least likely out of the bunch but oh well. 

After taking up a number of votes the HOF veterans committee selected.....Joe Gordon.  I immediately thought Joe Gordon was a broadcaster of some sort or perhaps the nickname of Babe Ruth's jockstrap.  As it turns out, he was the 2nd basemen for the Yankees in the 30's and 40's.

I mean when they talk about the early Yankees they always mention Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Berra, Maris, and a handful of other 2nd tier players like Rizzuto and Larsen.  Not once had I ever caught anyone by the name of Joe Gordon.  In fact, Rizzuto being in the Hall of Fame is a bit of a joke and shows the bullshit Yankee allegiance from the voters.  With that being said, I have to question the induction of Joe Gordon simply because I've never heard of the guy before. 

I mean I've heard of Billy Ripken, the original Fuck Face, but not Joe Gordon.

-I've been listening to the music of Amy Winehouse (of all people) thanks to the wonderful site pandora.com.  I didn't know much about Winehouse other than she's the youngest person who is about to die and that she's uglier than hell but her music is awesome. 

-I'm not fired yet although things have definitely become more tense on the floor where everyone is at.  It's a bit like being a kid and having all thirty of your parents fighting each other at one time.  On top of that, it's like 7 of those parents are going to be axed so it's kinda like being.....in some nonsensical Michael Bay movie. 

1 comment:

ArchitectureAli said...

Interesting perspective...I love reading your blogs by the way...something to BREAK up my day and make me laugh!