Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

doing bits

Standing at the crossroads, trying to read the signs
To tell me which way I should go to find the answer,
And all the time I know,
Plant your love and let it grow.


-The writer's bloc continues as I've been hanging around the special lady friend and trying not to be a huge pig in front of her.  For Valentine's day we went and had some steak (a day where I felt proud to be a pig) and we went to the Guthrie for a god awful play.  For the record, don't ever see Happy Days even if it happens to be held in your backyard because it reminds me of high school grammar class...I probably should've paid more attention in that class.

-I've began my baseball fever '09 with me desperately trying to aquire Ken Burns' Baseball DVD collection from the library.  Surprisingly enough I hadn't seen it since it came out in '94 because I was too busy with actually watching baseball.  I caught the last ten minutes of one of the programs on the mlb channel one day and I heard an amazing version of Take Me Out to the Ball Game by (I think it was) Carly Simon.  I was looking all over for the youtube clip but apparently no one else likes it as much as me.


-I still have a job but it's very much in doubt everyday.  I'm way past the point of worrying about it since it only gives me a headache but it's interesting to say the least.  They cut down our hours to 40 and we've had a lot of our work pulled.  I haven't seen so much change on my end but days are becoming very weird with my colleagues only having 2 projects each.  Usually they juggle a load of about 5-7 at a time. 

I have to admit, it's kinda nice only working 8 hours because I have more time to be lazy now.

-In terms of the Twins, I've become more and more pumped for this season.  I've begun not to care so much about Joe Crede because...I just don't anymore.  It would be nice if they sign him but if Boras and Smith can't figure anything out, I wouldn't be surprised. 

- I just bought a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch because it was on sale.  The box also comes with a cool Lego car but I got the ugliest car out of the series. 

:[

So if anyone wants an orange Lego "23" car, let me know because I'm willing to sell it to ya.

No comments: