Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

Shannon Crap

He got feet down below his knee
Hold you in his armchair you can feel his disease
Come together right now over me


1.  Molly Shannon

Does anyone, anyone in the entire universe think that she's the least bit funny?  Whenever  you watch a show in which she makes a "guest appearance" do you ever say,

"Woah, Molly Shannon is on The Office, I have GOT to watch this week!"

I'll answer it for you in case you're still pondering the question--NO, no one has ever liked Molly Shannon, ever.  She sucks on her new show, she sucked on SNL along with that horrible armpit skit, and she sucked on Will and Grace.  Well, there was that one episode where she was copying everything Grace said in which I had a smirk but I did have a whoopee cushion in my hand too so that negates Molly Shannon.  Molly Shannon does nothing for TV or Movies.  She wouldn't even be funny if someone threw a pie in her face or a if a giant Monty Python foot came down from the sky and smooshed her...and that's usually funny! 

I'm thinking she probably gives some sort of a crazy mouth party because how else can she land guest roles and even star in her own TV show?  Looking at IMDB she's had 60 roles in her entire career. 

60 times someone said, "You know who I was thinking of to play that one role, that's right, Molly Shannon"  

2.  The hatred towards Nick Punto

Alright, I know he's probably lacking a lot of talent compared to the rest of the Twins roster and he certainly does not deserve $4M.  I hate how he slides into first base and I cringe whenever I can sense that there is an affair between Ron Gardenhire and Punto HOWEVER, it's not like he's Jacque Jones swinging at every inside fastball or he played short like my mom would.  I mean Punto did bat .280 last year while having a very suitable year in the field. 

In fact with the recent signing of Crede you could make a case for the Twins having the best left infield in the American league this year. 
Seriously.
People spend way too much time on how many homers a player hits and not on his fielding which is how I look at Punto.  For years I wish the All Star game could be what everyone secretly wants it to be:  two teams of the top 15 home run hitters in each league and try to find a position for them on the field.  Can you imagine Manny Ramirez, Carlos Lee, and Adrian Gonzalez in the same infield.  I would watch that but only for the satire of it. 

No comments: