Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Favre Talk

You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze

 

People who know me and who read this know that I hate the Packers.  The fans drive me nuts from my grandma to that annoying guy in the office who paints his cubicle in mustard yellow.  I can't stand them and their over-glorification of everything.  That being said, I've always disliked the praise for Brett Favre and how  he's touchdown Jesus and how the light glistens off his helmet and all that crap.

One of the best games of my life was against the Packers and I've mocked the guy for the duration of this blog.

I even described Favre coming here as a nightmare situation.

Since then I have loosened up and completely changed my reaction to Favre being a Vikings.  I think it was listening to a couple Packer fans on the radio bitch and whine about Favre playing for the Vikings.  Then I heard how much Favre wanted to 'stick it' to the Packers organization and I immediately sat down in my seat and pondered that. 

If Favre hates the Packers....and I hate the Packers....doesn't that make Favre some sort of an ally?  I guess it kinda does and if he want's to beat the shit out of the Packers, I'm certainly not going to get in the way of that.  So therefore I was a little hurt when he decided to not join the Vikings a couple weeks ago.  I felt a bit rejected and I gave the existing Viking quarterbacks a very sober look because I didn't trust them. 

Then yesterday came and suddenly it felt like a dream.  Packer fans were pissed off and wanting blood and Viking fans felt like it was Christmas morning.  I also watched quite a bit of ESPN yesterday and listened to all the analysis of the Vikings.  I also did some analysis myself.

-I enjoyed the Packer whining so much that I found myself listening to a Green Bay sports radio show and all the whining going on.  Then I heard this,

"The one thing I am concerned about is if they end up winning a superbowl.  I feel that if they should win the Superbowl with Favre then that would negate our Superbowl with Favre."

The host agreed and I felt my heart skip a beat and immediately transformed into dream mode.

"And Favre throws for another touchdown to put the nail in the coffin for superbowl XLII."  Everyone in Wisconsin is now feeling like the Vikings fans did.  bwhahahahahahah

-After listening to the huge debate of wether the Vikings are better now with Favre or not I couldn't help but shake my head.  I believe it clearly makes them better not because of what Favre could potentially do but what he brings to the table.  All the Vikings have needed in the past three years is an average quarterback.  Not good, not great, but average.  TJ, Frerrote, and all those other stiffs we've put in there are not even average.  Favre at the very least makes the defense respect the air game the Vikings could have.  With TJ they defense would just stack up 9 guys in the box to stop the run and make TJ cry in his diaper.  Now Favre and his reputation for killing blitzing defenses can change all that for simply being under center.

-I find it amazing that a guy can simply get off a plane, sign a contract, and start practicing as if it's some kind of computer game.  I thought he would at least take the first day off just to blame it on logistics.

That's all I got and I can't wait for Friday's preseason game (did I just say that?)

No comments: