Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

That Time of Year Again

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hungabout.
Strawberry Fields forever.

 

This weekend is my annual relative get-together and I'm just happy it's somewhere relatively close.  This year we're having our Christmas in August in Lanesboro, MN which is about 2 hours away from the Twin Cities.  My uncle is hosting this and he's actually done a bit of research this year.  He's actually got some activities that we can participate in with our dip contest and tons of bike trails.

The one part where he failed (in my mind anyway) was the gift exchange.  This year the gifts have a theme and they have to fit that theme.  This years theme is farming and/or gardening. 

(blink:blink)

 

Aren't gifts supposed to be something that you feel somewhat good about?  I mean I already know I'm not going to get anything worth while which makes me want to buy something incredibly stupid to begin with.  So far I'm thinking of buying a simple rake and wrapping the rake with paper so that it obviously looks like a rake.  I think that would be semi-funny.

I think what I'm going to have to do is take a walk in a nearby Target in the gardening section and see what I can find.  I might just wrap up a clay pot and put in a message that says (have fun with your big clay pot). 

Other than that I'm drawing a blank.  I could buy a load of seed but...that sounds so boring.  I did think about buying a DVD of Field of Dreams but I would be willing to bet that no one would get it.  No one got my Godfather and Glitter joke a couple years ago and whoever recieved it simply thought it was cool to get 2 DVD's.  ugh

No comments: